McGregor opens as favorite against Tony

/
Oh please, you really think that's going to shut any of the haters up?

If Conor beats Tony then all the sudden Tony was shit and Conor has been ducking Khabib. And so on and on it will go.

It doesn't matter what Conor achieves or who he beats. It will never end mate.
Non sense. I give Conor where respect is due. I call him the best striker in MMA. He's a cash register. but he's unproven. Tony has more straight wins in UFC than Conor has fights. Conor faced one wrestler. A no camp mendes. He lost to nate. No top guy loses to Nate because of two massive holes in his game you can game plan. Skeptic yes hater no.

If he beats Ferg and Khabib he's the GOAT LW. Simple as that.

What are you going to say when he fights Diaz instead and doesnt unify title?

Tony may have a case to stop the fight or at least hold it up from happening whenever they like with an injunction, he has a clear workplace issue. As much as the UFC is really pushing this entertainment aspect of mma it's a sanctioned regulated promotion if Tony has a interim belt that says he's co-champ then then UFC must at least come to him with a offer, if it doesn't happen they have full right to make the fight elsewhere as the promotion.

But they must offer to Tony 1st if no terms are come to, then they free to make a fight with whoever...

/

Non sense. I give Conor where respect is due. I call him the best striker in MMA. but he's unproven. Tony has more straight wins in UFC than Conor has fights. Conor faced one wrestler. A no camp mendes. He lost to nate. No top guy loses to Nate because of two massive holes in his game you can game plan. Skeptic yes hater no.

Well then you have a balanced view which is very rare around here. I'm more referring to the hardcore base of Conor haters. He could beat Tony, Khabib and Barboza in succession and they would still find a way to try and discredit it.

And FWIW I'm a way bigger fan of Tony and back him in every fight.

Nate never gets dropped. Tony tho, he gets dropped and near finished almost every fight. If Conor had been Lando, he would have finished him and not blindly just blew his load and gassed. McGregor is the most patient finisher I have ever seen and even if he cant KO a Gaethje or Tony, he can smartly just pick his shots and do what May did to him: TKO them and have the ref jump in.

Also, the Tony bout may be a reality owing to the fact Conor's manager (Attar/Paradigm) manages Tony and has to be pulling for a Tony bout as it will be double cash for him. People are ridiculous for calling Conor "a ducker" while he has risked more, taken greater risks than any fighter in all history, especially with all he had on the line.....a loss to Mendes could have totally derailed him and kept him from ever becoming a champion - he could have easily rescheduled vs Aldo, taken a safer different opponent, but went for his hardest stylistic match up. The same goes for him offering Frankie the bout at 196 and going for Nate over a Pettis or Cerrone. No matter who he picks tho, if he picks opponent X, people will criticize him for not fighting opponent Y.

Sadly, I think him fighting May so soon, crossing over to boxing for a mass pay day, likely means he has his eyes set on a soon coming end vs forging a GSP/Mighty Mouse type legacy.....he was always that explosive type, adrenalin rush type fighter, not meant to stick around for years of safe point fighting dominance and breaking title defense records. It's too bad more could not just have sat back and enjoyed what a rare phenomenon Conor is, as it will be over soon and MMA will wait decades for a stsr that can inject so much adrenalin and continually produce the best cards in history, giving us UFC 100 type events on a yearly basis.

/

Non sense. I give Conor where respect is due. I call him the best striker in MMA. He's a cash register. but he's unproven. Tony has more straight wins in UFC than Conor has fights. Conor faced one wrestler. A no camp mendes. He lost to nate. No top guy loses to Nate because of two massive holes in his game you can game plan. Skeptic yes hater no.

I don't think people get it, Tony's a freak he fights. Tony wears you down through attrition grind baby, Grind...

Tony may have a case to stop the fight or at least hold it up from happening whenever they like with an injunction, he has a clear workplace issue. As much as the UFC is really pushing this entertainment aspect of mma it's a sanctioned regulated promotion if Tony has a interim belt that says he's co-champ then then UFC must at least come to him with a offer, if it doesn't happen they have full right to make the fight elsewhere as the promotion.

But they must offer to Tony 1st if no terms are come to, then they free to make a fight with whoever...

Interesting. How's GSP skipping the line because whittiker co-champ?

I like Tony but he maybe too much a company man for that anyways.

Ferg low kicks all the time. He would take Nate down at will as well. Ferg Diaz would look worse than RDA diaz. But hey keep thinking this gatekeeper who's lost 12 in UFC can hang with a guy like Tony who doesnt lose if ifs puff up your boy. Nate would beat Conor again and Tony really would.
Again, with all the "your boy" talk, and Tony in your AV, it's pretty transparent that you're a Conor hater and a Ferg lover. That's cool, you can like/dislike whoever you want, but it's hindering your ability to analyse transparently.

You say he'd take Diaz down at will, but name a fight that he was taking anyone down consistently? The guy isn't a wrestler, by any stretch. He ends up on top or getting subs by his BJJ creativity, which is something that isn't going to work against Diaz.

And I never called Ferg a gatekeeper. I'm just saying that Diaz is a bad match up for him based on their strengths and weaknesses...which is actually kind of true. I'm not saying it's a lock, but anyone who knows both fighters and can view things objectively (without resorting to MMAth) should agree that Diaz, at least on paper, presents a lot of problems for Ferg that other top 5 LWs don't bring. Ferguson does exceptionally well against smaller framed fighters via reach, and he's a creative fighter, tough as hell, with long limbs and the ability to catch guys in submissions from anywhere...just with Nate, he loses the range and cardio advantages, plus he's not submitting Nate or gassing him out, so we can only assume he'd need a heavy kicking game to try and batter Nate down like RDA and Benson did, but I don't believe he has the heavy, Thai kicking that those guys employed so well. He hasn't shown it, anyway.

There's good reason to believe that Conor would be at a more serious advantage in the trilogy fight seeing as it will be at LW. I don't even know if Diaz can make 155 anymore, and he'll have to drop some of his bulk to get there if he does. His size advantage on Conor was definitely a factor in their previous fights, and seeing as they are 1-1, I'd give the edge to Conor at 155. That doesn't make it so, but again, considering how a blown-up Conor performs at WW (shit) versus Nate's current size and struggles to even make 155 anymore...Conor for sure is at an advantage.

Each to their own, but I doubt you can look at things objectively like that if you're so passionately backing Ferguson and hating Conor in equal measures.

Sounds about right. I can see either winning. But really , the fans win. Mcgregor - Ferguson >> vs Diaz III.
Both fights will be draws due to Conor being involved, but I dare say Diaz III would sell far more purely because of their history. To save the last bit of matchmaking integrity of the sport, the new brass should definitely go with Ferg/Conor as there is absolutely no doubt that this is the most relevant fight to make. Ferg is on a ridiculous streak and is the interim champ.

But again, the new owners are happy to play short term gain over long term returns...Conor actually defending a belt will raise his stock with seasoned casuals/hardcore fans and increase his draws for future fights, but with the nonsense happening with Bisping, I can see them playing their best card and going all in on Conor/Diaz. Even at the cost of making their already shitty Interim titles all the more of a joke.

Interim champs are already are total farce, but with Bisping squaring off against GSP while an interim title holder sits on the shelf, and Conor most likely fighting Diaz again instead of the interim champ on a ridiculous win streak...it's just a joke, plain and simple.

The UFC should save face do a complete 180 to their current freakshow championship fights and revert to a tournament based title eliminator for divisions with too much cloudiness at the top. That was half the fun of Bellator and Strikeforce when they implemented 4 men tournaments with the top 5: the fights were more exciting because we knew the repercussions of each fight, and it made the title fight 100% legitimate.

ConMan hasn't fought in UFC for a year. He's gon get rekt.

LMFAO, Conor fans are fucking idiots.

Vegas knows Conor fans will bet regardless, so fuck it....make him the favorite...Conor fans are the biggest dumbasses of our time.

wasn't he the favorite against diaz too?
mma fans are clueless

Go Conor! Conor should destroy him easy.

(I hope everyone thinks this and didnt watch barboza panic wrestle with ferg)

Barboza was handling tony until the illegal downed knee that fucked Edson up

Barboza was handling tony until the illegal downed knee that fucked Edson up
might have to watch again but i remember thinking it was a close fight to start off before that illegal stirke landed. Dont recall tony getting handled. Plus edson had ton of time to recover, they gave him long delay plus he had the minute after the round was over. He appeared to be back to his senses 100% before tony took over.

/

Yet he beat Mendes when he was trainine the entire time for a striker in Aldo, and went up 2 weight classes to face Nate ...... yeah he took bates cardio for granted as well as the factvwhen u go up 25 pounds power dorsnt translate as much. an paid price.

Guy beats Aldo an it was a fluke, Mendes because he was on tbe couch eating donuts, beat Holloway because Max was 10 years old at time, beat Eddie because Eddie didn't try , beat Dustin when Dustin was 12, refs gave conor Nate 2 fight as NATE REALLY Killed him not close............

Damn straight as soon as he beats Ferg Ferg will be garbage an a joke n nothing fighter n he will be accused of ducking a fighter who hasn't fought in over a year n cant make weight.

U Conor haters are truly the sites most pathetic.

Wait for casuals to spam bets on Conor and shift the line immeasurably. Bet on tony the night before the fight. Profit.

He couldn't piece up Diaz in two fights he won't piece up a better fighter like Tony in one...
He dropped Nate 3 times, and won 3 rounds in the second fight and won the first in the first fight. He definitely pieced up Diaz. He 110% has the ability to piece up Tony. But I'm 50/50 on who will win, but Im rooting for Conor.

Back