Social Meme Thread v103: Guillotines and Woodchippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's a woman. These are grown men.
Yes, she's a woman who can follow the rules and not overload the bins. Plus if one of them gets injured, the first thing the company will say is "who told you to lift it up and over once you felt it's overweight". Then they'll do everything in their power to convince workers compensation /WSIB or whatever that your injury is a result of not following guidelines, it's not worth it for the worker.

Look I understand your POV, I was angry when I first watched it as well, however having worked in a union job, I know how poorly/unfairly the employees are treated by the company.

Yes, she's a woman who can follow the rules and not overload the bins. Plus if one of them gets injured, the first thing the company will say is "who told you to lift it up and over once you felt it's overweight". Then they'll do everything in their power to convince workers compensation /WSIB or whatever that your injury is a result of not following guidelines, it's not worth it for the worker.

Look I understand your POV, I was angry when I first watched it as well, however having worked in a union job, I know how poorly/unfairly the employees are treated by the company.

I'm not angry. As I said initially, I think there's more to the story. Those two guys are fucking with that lady for some reason. She might be a total cunt, I don't know.

GJpIGLOWoAERf1h

Looks bad from the short clip, especially cause she had to put the child down first before dumping them.
However, those guys are picking up shit all day, everyday. If they pick up everyone's overloaded/overweight bins then at some point their backs are going to get fucked. Who's going to take care of them if that happens, sorry but those guys are right to tell people like her to fuck off.

Just because a bag is sticking over the top of the bin doesn't mean it's automatically over some weight limit. If there was any actual concern for the workers, they would upgrade the truck to one with a lift arm and distribute wheeled bins made to be picked up by them.

Just because a bag is sticking over the top of the bin doesn't mean it's automatically over some weight limit. If there was any actual concern for the workers, they would upgrade the truck to one with a lift arm and distribute wheeled bins made to be picked up by them.
Watch the clip again, the woman struggled to lift the bins. That's just the thing, their is no care for the workers, they just care to protect their own asses. People can barely get a raise to match the cost of inflation, you think companies are going to spend 300-350K for a new truck with the lift and dump arm?

Watch the clip again, the woman struggled to lift the bins. That's just the thing, their is no care for the workers, they just care to protect their own asses. People can barely get a raise to match the cost of inflation, you think companies are going to spend 300-350K for a new truck with the lift and dump arm?
Those trash companies are doing something wrong if they can't operate lift-arm trucks. We've had them even in very rural areas near me for 30+ years and they're still operating/obviously turning a profit.

Those trash companies are doing something wrong if they can't operate lift-arm trucks. We've had them even in very rural areas near me for 30+ years and they're still operating/obviously turning a profit.
I see those trucks operating operating in some neighborhoods in Toronto and others have the old style truck without the lift arm, as the older trucks are put out of service I guess the replacement ones have the arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back