Meme Thread v8 - Now With More Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is with how they are given.

Back then you got one at the end of the season for sticking it out. It was usually small and reminder that you did something and learned some stuff but if you work harder next season you'll have a chance at the real hardware.

Now you get a trophy for walking in the door and everyone tell you it's just as good as if you had won.

Weird that we are saying the same thing until your last sentence...I call bullshit on your last sentence based on my experience which includes coaching LL and travelball in the late 90's to the early 2000's...strangely enough every thing until your last sentence is spot on with my experience including attending an end of the year ceremony that included trophies...

Weird that we are saying the same thing until your last sentence...I call bullshit on your last sentence based on my experience which includes coaching LL and travelball in the late 90's to the early 2000's...strangely enough every thing until your last sentence is spot on with my experience including attending an end of the year ceremony that included trophies...

You are referencing a time frame 15 years ago.

What about my last sentence is wrong?

This is actually a growing problem now in states that legalized marijuana. Little kids are eating their parents stash and ending up in the ER.

Does not compute....any stats on this? I am of the mindset that the % of people who would start smoking due to legalization would be small and pretty much insignificant...wonder if my hunch was wrong?

My bad, the trophy ceremony was this year.

You stated that kids today get a trophy for walking in the front door after stating that kids of yesteryear had to stay on the team for the whole year to get one...I'm saying that today you still need to stay on the team in order to get a trophy or medal.

1da8kk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back