Merge: The Trump War Train/Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd laugh if he got the presidency and went even further right than from when he started

Trump promised millions to charity. We found less than $10,000 over 7 years.

I suppose this won't matter to those who raise a fist to the slogan, "Greed is good", but to the rest of the country, this is yet another embarrassing revelation providing insight into the despicable, self-aggrandizing, con artist character of the man resulting from the nonpareil level of scrutiny in a Presidential general election; one that Trump has proven, before even getting to the convention, to be woefully incompetent to handle. He clearly didn't lead a life expecting this to ever be a real possibility. He didn't prepare for it.

He's merely exploiting it. As best as I can tell, the biggest difference between him and Martin Shkreli is that Shkreli wanted people to hate him, and to see him as the villain. Trump's behavior indicates to me that he's the same man: merely with the opposite ambition.

He doesn't have me fooled. Never did.

In the Trump Dump thread I posted an article about his pattern of fraud. He's sold several products by promising the results would go to veterans / charity and never donated anything. Many are pushing for a criminal fraud investigation into his bullshit.

I'm not sure where you get this impression. Fox news is pretty merciless when attacking Trump and they are the most watched conservative media source. (more along the same lines snipped)

That isn't responsive to his point at all. He said that the conservative media has portrayed Clinton as the devil so however bad Trump is, he's the lesser evil. That's absolutely true. Read through the WR sometime. Being a conservative and favoring lower taxes on the rich/less regs, etc. is one thing (naturally, you're going to oppose Clinton's candidacy), but people really seem to think she's some kind of evil monster aside from policy.

And it shows in this thread, too. Evidence that Trump lied and is a conman is met with attacks on Clinton. Along with the standard, desperate, "certain knowledge is impossible in this life. Therefore I'll ignore evidence that is uncomfortable to me."

Yet you made up your mind before you'd fully read or understood the article.

Lol no

You say that you are "only interested in what's true", but then you immediately pivot to presuming that it's true that he paid these charities what he publicly declared when you have NO EVIDENCE to substantiate that presumption, and AMPLE EVIDENCE contradicting it.

I'm not saying I can prove he donated. I'm saying the evidence to the contrary is lacking. Stop with the strawmen.

You maintain this despite the precedent we already got with the recent Veteran's fiasco where he boycotted the debate and promised to raise all this money with that simultaneous fundraiser, but as the Wall Street Journal documented, he hadn't fulfilled his donation installment obligations and all of his donations had slowed to a trickle (or stopped altogether) before investigative pieces by our most esteemed newspapers like the WSJ, NYT, and Washington Post demonstrated that he clearly wasn't:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/veterans-charities-await-funds-raised-by-donald-trump-1460069309

Numerous charities confirmed that they had stopped receiving money or were getting tiny increments that were a fraction of what is promised. Charities make a habit of not openly complaining because it's a surefire way to turn off people from donating to you. They are thankful for every dime. That doesn't excuse Trump from being a piece of shit liar falsely posturing as a philanthropist.

You're the only one who has demonstrated a bias to this information.

They've all been paid, I believe.

He definitely seem to have reneged over the past few years...but then again, i bet if we added up all the donations of everyone who will post in this thread - it would not come anywhere close to 3 million dollars.

...and even if he fabricated promises, charities over the past 20 years did get 3 million they wouldnt have without him.
How many of us are multimillionaires running for President?
I'll bet you wouldn't find any who lie about charitable contributions, either

Trump counts free rounds of golf as charity. So if, say, you represent a charity and he spots you the greens fees at one of his clubs, he'll claim he gave all that to your charity. It's a fucking joke.

Might as well rile up the hornet's nest by pointing out that the Clinton Foundation gave 75 million in grants from 2009 to 2012. Where you at Donald?

Last edited:
I'm not saying I can prove he donated. I'm saying the evidence to the contrary is lacking.
It isn't. It's overwhelmingly strong unless you can substantiate that another such foundation exists that Trump has attested to using for his charities...since this alternative foundation would have to be responsible for like 90% of what he has promised over the past few decades, but hasn't paid.
They've all been paid, I believe.
After months of dragging his feet, and only after intense whistleblower media scrutiny.

But hey, you're not biased or gullible!!

He definitely seem to have reneged over the past few years...but then again, i bet if we added up all the donations of everyone who will post in this thread - it would not come anywhere close to 3 million dollars.

...and even if he fabricated promises, charities over the past 20 years did get 3 million they wouldnt have without him.

How do you feel about him selling his book and Trump University by promising that the profits would go to charities and having none of them go to charities? Isn't that straight-up criminal fraud?

How many of us are multimillionaires running for President?
I'll bet you wouldn't find any who lie about charitable contributions, either

i would wager you would for sure find people on this site who would lie about charitable donations.

He could be a trillionaire, hes still given more than any of us / all of us combined and still 3 million charities would not have gotten without him.

Still sleazy ...but still, millions have gone to good cause.

How do you feel about him selling his book and Trump University by promising that the profits would go to charities and having none of them go to charities? Isn't that straight-up criminal fraud?

yep -- if it can be proven

would you not say 3 million to charity is still 3 million to charity? And they are better of for it?

What do you give in a year?

yep -- if it can be proven

would you not say 3 million to charity is still 3 million to charity? And they are better of for it?

What do you give in a year?
You're missing the point. How much did he claim to give to charity?

You're missing the point. How much did he claim to give to charity?

yeah, he lied about that - bad Trump.

Still given way more than i ever have -- so, really, im not going to get on a soapbox and feign outrage.

Its like condemning the guy who made 10 million and scammed the system and only paid 10% in taxes - yeah, he cheated / lied - but his million (not going to calculate actual amount) trumps my 60k. So, oh well.

If this kind of thing bugs you - dont vote for him

i would wager you would for sure find people on this site who would lie about charitable donations.

He could be a trillionaire, hes still given more than any of us / all of us combined and still 3 million charities would not have gotten without him.

Still sleazy ...but still, millions have gone to good cause.
The question is, had he given what he claimed?

The question is, had he given what he claimed?

and the answer is no.

But if you are cool condemning a guy who will end up giving 10000x more than you will in your lifetime -- then proceed to shake your fist and not vote for him.

are we going to cheer Hillary for signing off on a Russian billionaire buying up a massive Canadian Uranium mining company in exchange for almost 50 million dollars to her foundation?

yeah, he lied about that - bad Trump.

Still given way more than i ever have -- so, really, im not going to get on a soapbox and feign outrage.

Its like condemning the guy who made 10 million and scammed the system and only paid 10% in taxes - yeah, he cheated / lied - but his million trumps my 60k. So, oh well.

If this kind of thing bugs you - dont vote for him
You know, when I was a boy, and was still carried off to church every Sunday, I remember there being two stories that the first time I heard them reduced me to tears. One of them was the story of the widow and her offering, and how with what little she gave, that she gave all of her heart...while the rich men who could donate lavishly were just as lavishly dressed, and inversely bare in their hearts:
New Standard Revised Version Bible said:
38 As he taught, he said, “Beware of the scribes, who like to walk around in long robes, and to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces, 39 and to have the best seats in the synagogues and places of honor at banquets! 40 They devour widows’ houses and for the sake of appearance say long prayers. They will receive the greater condemnation.”

41 He sat down opposite the treasury, and watched the crowd putting money into the treasury. Many rich people put in large sums. 42 A poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which are worth a penny. 43 Then he called his disciples and said to them, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the treasury. 44 For all of them have contributed out of their abundance; but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.”
I left the church, but parts of the church never left me. I was warned. I see the evil in Trump's heart.

How can you not?

You know, when I was a boy, and was still carried off to church every Sunday, I remember there being two stories that the first time I heard them reduced me to tears. One of them was the story of the widow and her offering, and how with what little she gave, that she gave all of her heart...while the rich men who could donate lavishly were just as lavishly dressed, and inversely bare in their hearts:

I left the church, but parts of the church never left me. I was warned. I see the evil in Trump's heart.

How can you not?

I think both candidates are out for personal gain and liars -- but, again, both given more than i have -- so i can try to find a reason to be mad; or, i can shut up because even while i havent lied about donating, i still have not contributed a fraction of what they have. I cant bitch about something i dont have equal skin in the game.

and my heart is far more cold than yours, apparently

this is why a 2 party system is a joke. the fact the american public allows and accepts the 2 parties to dominate the media and system is beyond me. Trump is as close to a legit other party candidate as America has ever seen. Which is pathetic.

sometimes its hard to believe their are really 2 parties, anyways.

and the answer is no.

But if you are cool condemning a guy who will end up giving 10000x more than you will in your lifetime -- then proceed to shake your fist and not vote for him.

are we going to cheer Hillary for signing off on a Russian billionaire buying up a massive Canadian Uranium mining company in exchange for almost 50 million dollars to her foundation?
So, he lied.

First thing I thought was this article reeks of someone trying to put something together (anything) to meet an assignment.

Then I googled the author and found this - https://powerchairdiaries.com/2014/08/22/the-real-story-of-david-a-fahrenthold/

And, neither does Fahrenthold. He interviewed me and several other advocate-experts who told him the truth and reality of power chair funding, and he blatantly omitted us and the truth entirely. Fahrenthold got his story – but wrote it ignoring all facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back