Opinion Mexican president claims that criminal groups are ‘respectful’ and ‘respect the citizenry’

Nothing new these presidents are in the narcos pockets! Most government officials at the top take bribes and make money off of criminals. It happens here in America and they turn a blind eye.
Like the Purdue Cartel

You don't speak bad about your bosses in public. It can cause problems.

Yet more reason to control and close the border but that's not going to happen with the people in power now.
Build the wall will only increase the price of cocaine. That's bad economics, bro

Damn, you know your country is lost when the President says that kind of shit.

You seem to believe Cartels are as powerful as they look in the movies, Cartels only exist because they have bought government to look the other way around.

If a Cartel were as stupid as to attack the president or an ex-president for that matter, a big ass hammer of retribution would be aimed at them without a doubt, especially when AMLO is establishing everything to be a shadow ruler next term.
- I always thought like that also.

As a fan of pro-wrestling, Mexico is a place that i want to go to watch lucha-libre. But theres debates here, if the cartels are as powerful as or criminal groups here. One thing is that i get the view, that mexican police doesnt take as hard on the crime fight, as or police does here.

As a fan of pro-wrestling, Mexico is a place that i want to go to watch lucha-libre. But theres debates here, if the cartels are as powerful as or criminal groups here. One thing is that i get the view, that mexican police doesnt take as hard on the crime fight, as or police does here.

It's hard to take the fight to the cartels. They know all of the police and government family members. They have the upper hand.

The cartels have better weapons than the police force

Because in Mexico the job of fighting cartels has usually been given to the military.

Yes, because everyone knows that demand for drugs is inelastic, and raising the price of it would just not lead to even more violence.

Depends on who the violence is against.

Yes, that worked so great during the height of the revolution. Or during the 2000s in Mexico.

So it's not the criminals fault they are violent criminals so they should not be held responsible.

So it's not the criminals fault they are violent criminals so they should not be held responsible
I certainly didn't say that. So not sure why you're bringing that up. I'm pointing out that blaming Mexico for America's love of drugs is hilarious, as is thinking that increasing the value of drugs would be good for society.

Back