Best use of a dinosaur
elvis+miami+vice.jpg

Best Liam Neason Death Scene

And then Crockett and Tubbs did a Sandwich scene with Her
<Kpop775>

Best Liam Neason Death Scene

And then Crockett and Tubbs did a Sandwich scene with Her
<Kpop775>

That was a great episode, Liam's were so blue in it, how gay did that sound?

Bboth the chicks in Vicer filled many a sandwich over the years, so did most of the lads

especially Swytec!

God you are flooding me with positive memories.

I was 16 when the show premiered and 20 when it ended. It was the steroid shot surge to my developing testosterone. I watched every episode.

Was it a great show overall, no. Was it a great show within the confines it was written, yes.

It made me fall in love with fast boats and big open water.

tumblr_nod9i53Qq21sqxw6oo1_500.gif.0b1fb7a40960c18d99dd9e8f0be807e8.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_olsyrlCU1I1vtnv5po1_400.gif

At age 30 when my, then business partner suggested we buy the below used Cigarette Boat, i was like "I'm your huckleberry!" and for about 3 years we got to play at being in Miami Vice. And yes we had the Miami Vice theme song loaded up and ready when we were out on the boat. My business partner actually resembled Don Johnson and I am explosive albeit much bigger and no where near as pretty as Tubbs.

upload_2019-9-18_7-10-8.png

I think I need to now rewatch selective episodes again. Show dragged at many points when it tried to take itself too seriously, but when it stuck to its core knitting of being a 'buddy cop action show, it was great.

It started as a great but empty action show and that is when it shone, but like many shows it tried to become deeper and that is when it suffered imo.

But many shows suffer that path. I know its a little tangential and off topic but the 'taking itself too seriously is what also ruined Entourage IMO. Ya, ya, ya I know, it was always crap. But when it stuck to just being the guys version of a Soap Opera, where guys and their idiot friends could live the dream, make tons of money, get hot girls and lose it all as they make every mistake in the book, it still always worked out in the end and there was always more money and a newer hotter girl. That is guy fantasy.

Then it took itself seriously and introduced GF's and 'consequences' and shit. That is the stuff that women want to see in their soap opera's. Lots of drama. Angsting over relationships. Consequences for cheating, etc. Men got no time for that sh*t in our fantasy material.

Great thread TS and thx.

Imma rewatch some of this.

God you are flooding me with positive memories.

I was 16 when the show premiered and 20 when it ended. It was the steroid shot surge to my developing testosterone. I watched every episode.

Was it a great show overall, no. Was it a great show within the confines it was written, yes.

It made me fall in love with fast boats and big open water.

tumblr_nod9i53Qq21sqxw6oo1_500.gif.0b1fb7a40960c18d99dd9e8f0be807e8.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_olsyrlCU1I1vtnv5po1_400.gif

At age 30 when my, then business partner suggested we buy the below used Cigarette Boat, i was like "I'm your huckleberry!" and for about 3 years we got to play at being in Miami Vice. And yes we had the Miami Vice theme song loaded up and ready when we were out on the boat. My business partner actually resembled Don Johnson and I am explosive albeit much bigger and no where near as pretty as Tubbs.

View attachment 647329

I think I need to now rewatch selective episodes again. Show dragged at many points when it tried to take itself too seriously, but when it stuck to its core knitting of being a 'buddy cop action show, it was great.

It started as a great but empty action show and that is when it shone, but like many shows it tried to become deeper and that is when it suffered imo.

But many shows suffer that path. I know its a little tangential and off topic but the 'taking itself too seriously is what also ruined Entourage IMO. Ya, ya, ya I know, it was always crap. But when it stuck to just being the guys version of a Soap Opera, where guys and their idiot friends could live the dream, make tons of money, get hot girls and lose it all as they make every mistake in the book, it still always worked out in the end and there was always more money and a newer hotter girl. That is guy fantasy.

Then it took itself seriously and introduced GF's and 'consequences' and shit. That is the stuff that women want to see in their soap opera's. Lots of drama. Angsting over relationships. Consequences for cheating, etc. Men got no time for that sh*t in our fantasy material.

Great thread TS and thx.

Imma rewatch some of this.
Glad it jogged some good memories man, I'm rewatching it at the moment and it's part awesome part hilarious (some real slow filler in there as well though).

The funniest episodes are the ones where one of the boys fell in love before the opening credits and you knew that girl was gonna get dead at some point!
The last episode I watched Tubbs GF didn't even make it to the credits!
She'd never even been mentioned before but Tubbs went OFF THE RAILS YO, had to go undercover and risk his life in the Pen to get revenge (he was fine next week though!)

I wish Id bought a ferrari daytona kit car back in the day.

Ive looked for a torrent for this show for years but never found anything

My art teacher had one of those, red one, but he was one of the ugliest people you could ever see

Sounds similar to a
Mogwai type of influence. Great song.
that song was famously sampled in Black Sheep's Strobelite Honeys if that means anything to you.
It's how I first found it when sample digging many years ago

Back when I was living with my parents (around 2005 or 2007) they were running it back in one of those retro channels.

I enjoyed the shit out of it.

It made me want to buy a white suit.

Edit: GOAT soundtracks

That was a great episode, Liam's were so blue in it, how gay did that sound?

Bboth the chicks in Vicer filled many a sandwich over the years, so did most of the lads

especially Swytec!

I actually never watched it.

Now that I look, they mowed down Ted Nugent too!

Back when I was living with my parents (around 2005 or 2007) they were running it back in one of those retro channels.

I enjoyed the shit out of it.

It made me want to buy a white suit.

Edit: GOAT soundtracks

that show is the reason I had really furry stubble as a 14 year old

my best friend bought himself the old Magnum PI Ferrari from an auction and had it fully restored.

web1_0118-magnum-car-bonhams.jpg

He has owned a lot of nice cars but says this one still gets him the most comments and looks.

my best friend bought himself the old Magnum PI Ferrari from an auction and had it fully restored.

web1_0118-magnum-car-bonhams.jpg

He has owned a lot of nice cars but says this one still gets him the most comments and looks.
Those cars are from a weird era for Ferrari, 6 second 0-60 times and some were crap cars. There's two models that are really similar but ones trash, I'm assuming the Magnum car is the good one.

Those cars are from a weird era for Ferrari, 6 second 0-60 times and some were crap cars. There's two models that are really similar but ones trash, I'm assuming the Magnum car is the good one.
Super Cars as a class were in a limbo type place in that era. It was immediately following that time that every person making decent money decided they needed a Super Car instead of the usual BMW or Mercedes status symbol.

And lol at 0-60 in 6 seconds. I am old enough to remember when that was a crazy fast 0-60 time and now a typical sedan does that.

One of my highschool friends bought this Ford Mustang GT in 1987 when we were all 19.

AwesomeAmazingGreat-1987-Ford-Mustang-GT-1987-Ford-Mustang-GT-VORTECH-SUPERCHARGED-FAST-CLEAN-DAILY-DRIVER-2017-20182018-201920172018.jpg

It was known as a 'kid killer' due to the super fast speeds with relatively bad handling and the inexperienced kids who were buying them.

It 0-60 was about 6.3 seconds and at that time it was crazy fast. Neck snapping fast. And we regularly did these with it

hqdefault.jpg

And ya I know a lot of it was how it was torqued and where the power hit the curve but still, it was considered fast.

How times have changed.

heck, you are quite the salesman!
Feeling tempted to give it a watch. :)
I know my folks used to watch this show as youngsters!

Back