News Michael Chandler confirms he’s fighting Conor McGregor this summer

More believable now that it's also coming from Chandler?

• Total voters
I would like to see Chandler mix up the striking and the wrestling. Make McGregor work for a round, then watch him gas and get choked out or GnP finished. I am so tired of the McGregor circus show. The guy hasn't won a fight in his true weight class (LW) since 2016. That last win at LW was before Trump and Biden took office to provide a little perspective. Jumped the line over more deserving fighters for a title fight and then took a dump on all the LW fighters of that era with zero title defenses. Then the UFC had to strip McGregor of the LW belt. What kind of real champion refuses to defend a belt if not due to injury???

The UFC can start a whole new fighter division called the washed-up past their prime BMF's and have McGregor, Diaz and Masvidal fight only each other for awhile. Barring a draw, somebody has to win and the UFC hype machine can milk that old cow a few more times...
2016 was the last year he was active.

Chandler’s Go Fund Me - Fight McGregor canpaign.

I wouldn’t put it past him - the Bellator midget

This is just sad to watch someone shit away their career, waiting for a fight that may or may not happen.

I really hope that if this does go through, dana didn't shaft Chandler on the purse. Hopefully he WILL get a percentage of the PPV.
Imagine that. He gets the fight and gets less than what he made against Gaethje or Ferguson lol

Imagine they fight and Conor isn't a draw anymore at all o_O

Interview with TMZ, swipe for the video:

Not a chance in hell.

The UFC gains absolutely NOTHING by delaying the announcement if it's true. The wider the window of promotional space, the easier it is to control the narrative.

Furthermore, if this were true, and the UFC wanted to use UFC 300 as THE moment to announce it, they'd keep both fighters' mouths under lock and key in order to keep it secret until then. I'm talking significant financial penalties if they run their mouths to the press.

This is Chandler's bad attempt at forcing the hand of the UFC. I'm sure it's an absolutely shitty feeling for him to live in this no-man's land of 'will it or won't it happen', but the announcement isn't going to come from anyone except the UFC.

Dana isn't letting Conor's last fight happen while Conor is clearly suffering from mental health and addiction issues. It's way too much a financial risk to throw millions into the marketing machine only to have Conor fuck the whole thing up in the end by either pulling out of the fight or, even worse, showing up to the fight in his fragile state and getting crippled as a result. There isn't enough of an upside to stake a major event on the whims of a junkie.

If true (big IF), it better be worth it for Chandler. He'll miss 3 fights waiting on Conor by that point. I'm basing that on him fighting in May and November 2021 and May and November 2022...and none since then. He could've fought twice in 2023 and again this spring unless he had a serious injury or failed a drug test.

At his age, he probably doesn't need to fight more than twice a year, but 3 paid fights would've been a lot better than a potential big fight with Conor that never materializes. This is starting to look like Gregor Gillespie.

Honestly I can't hate the guy for waiting this long for Conor but it's pretty clear Michael Chandler has lost a lot of fan support.

Maybe I'm a little sadistic. Imagine if Conor manages to beat him lol

2016 was the last year he was active.
Nobody forced McGregor to not defend the belt he won in 2016. He decided to avoid contenders and defend the belt, so he got stripped of the belt. He eventually fought Khabib in 2018 for Khabib's belt and got smoked. Came back in 2020 and beat in Cerrone in a quick TKO and lost to Dustin Poirier twice in 2021, both times by KO/TKO. So McGregor fought three times in the span of 18 months which qualifies as active. Not very successful, but certainly active. The second Poirier fight came with a leg injury and McGregor has not fought since then as he healed up and pursued other opportunities.

Last edited:
Conor has a big enough fight to overcome his addiction. It’ll be hard for him to even get clean let alone make it to the fight. Dude is very clearly off the rails and in no shape to fight. I know not to trust someone in the middle of active addiction.

If he keeps his current pace, he’ll die bankrupt in 10 years tops

I haven’t seen this kind of desperation since I went to a strip club for the first time.

If Conor somehow makes it to this fight he is getting steamrolled. Based on his recent roadhouse interview he should be in rehab and not fighting.

I wouldn't overestimate Chandler here. He's the perfect size / style for Conor to get a clean KO/TKO. But who knows if Conor can piece together sobriety for 12 weeks to come in clean and healthy.

Living the high life of uppers and downers has a weird way of balancing out until it doesn't.

chandler is past whoring himself out for this and is a human toilet at this point.

I’m fans of both. I’ve been entertained at all of their fights and that is rare.

Conor is obviously is a dickhead so it makes the sport funner so he’s great in and out of the cage if he’s trying to punch out an old man. Or feeding a thousand bums.

It’s all great to watch. Chandler is just all action in his fights. Always a terror in the first 2 rounds.

He has 2 black sons though. Don’t know what I’m getting at here. But I’m sure I covered all topics from the comment that mad me say this shit.

chandler is past whoring himself out for this and is a human toilet at this point.

I’m fans of both. I’ve been entertained at all of their fights and that is rare.

Conor is obviously is a dickhead so it makes the sport funner so he’s great in and out of the cage if he’s trying to punch out an old man. Or feeding a thousand bums.

It’s all great to watch. Chandler is just all action in his fights. Always a terror in the first 2 rounds.

He has 2 black sons though. Don’t know what I’m getting at here. But I’m sure I covered all topics from the comment that mad me say this shit.

This post made me laugh

I would put the odds at 70/30 ... 30% being the fight happening this summer and 70% being Connor entering rehab this summer

If they really want to still do this fight, then they need to build some more hype again. We need some altercations in the park and pub
And Conor has to get himself together

In reality, it’s Time Chandler ask for a new fight

If chandler loses to Conor after all this begging and waiting, it might just be the most embarrassing thing to ever happen in ufc

If I was Chandler seeing Conor lately, I'd just give it up

He's not fighting, he needs help.

Back