Media Michel Pereira denies that he is fighting Roman Dolidze: "Now is not the time to fight him"

His next fight fight offer will be Iskram in Abu Dhabi, or someone similarly unranked + dangerous.

That being said, hopefully Barralho or Robocop can step in vs Dolidze. That card still needs some help.

heh, that's kinda funny. I feel like most people wonder why He wont get a push forward in the rankings.Then, when he does get that ranking push, "it isn't the right time"

weird.
He moved to a new gym and they want him to fight his training partner. Makes sense he would turn it down because he would have to find a new gym and coaches all on short notice, not to mention losing a training partner. Doesn't make sense to take the fight now and inconvenience himself.

Yeah it's weird Michel is saying this but it's definitely the fight to make and I honestly think Demolidor makes mincemeat out of him, early.
Yeah, Roman is tough but he wouldn't be able to keep up. Roman is really slow for a MW and Michel is exceptionally fast at MW. It's hard for me to picture Roman getting KO'ed but I think he would in this one.

I feel like any time a big and/or exciting fight is announced, shit like this happens. Is UFC really that flakey on contracts or are fighters lying when they say they've signed something?

only in the UFC you can be Michel Pereira , #13 , with 8-0 in the last 4 years
weigh-in.gif
What is his record in the division you are saying he is #13 and who has he defeated? He sure as shit ain't 8-0 in the MW division. He hasn't fought let alone beat anyone in the top 15 so why complain about his ranking? He is 31-11 for his career so saying 8-0 is an interesting spin.

Honestly, unless the guy is the champ i don't see why you should fight your training partner knowing there are 50 other guys out there to fight. Makes no sense, creates a sh* ambiance for coaches, in the whole gym, for nothing since there are many other fights to make. Specially in this case where both guys aren't even contenders or anything yet.

I get where Pereira is coming from, also because sometimes you're teaching your teammate some specific things you do and then they can use it against you. Nah fk that.

He also said he had only a month to find himself a new gym.

Honestly, unless the guy is the champ i don't see why you should fight your training partner knowing there are 50 other guys out there to fight. Makes no sense, creates a sh* ambiance for coaches, in the whole gym, for nothing since there are many other fights to make. Specially in this case where both guys aren't even contenders or anything yet.

I get where Pereira is coming from, also because sometimes you're teaching your teammate some specific things you do and then they can use it against you. Nah fk that.
Agreed 100% -- unless it's for the belt, it just doesn't need to happen

Michel should have accepted this fight, it was a good opportunity to climb the rankings.

Michel should have accepted this fight, it was a good opportunity to climb the rankings.
If it was any other ranked middleweight he most likely would of happily taken the fight, just not this one under these circumstances.

Roman’s response makes it seem like he agreed because the UFC implied Michel was down to fight? If so that’s on the UFC for playing them against each other

Back