Crime Michigan School Shooter's Mom on Trial for Manslaughter (Update: Guilty on all 4 counts) (Update 3: Father guilty on all counts)

There's buying a kid a gun and letting them use it when supervised. And then there's buying a kid a gun and completely ignoring them to the point they take it whenever they want.
See, this is where I don't know what the specific laws are. Did they break any state laws(unsecured guns, giving a minor a gun, etc)? If they did, then I have no problem dragging them into it. I'm not following it too closely. It just reads like they didn't break any laws that granted the kid access to the gun, and people are merely opining on what they should've done.

That, quite literally, doesn't answer my question.
Your question was referring to charging an individual directly responsible for the crime. It's not a relevant example to this case, where they are dragging third parties into it, who are responsible by proxy.

As to your question, it would depend on how much emphasis the state puts on distracted driving. If using your phone while behind the wheel isn't illegal in that area, then you're at the very least, gonna have a decent defense that your actions leading up to the crash weren't illegal, and thus not relevant to whatever higher crime they're potentially trying to charge you with.

See, this is where I don't know what the specific laws are. Did they break any state laws(unsecured guns, giving a minor a gun, etc)? If they did, then I have no problem dragging them into it. I'm not following it too closely. It just reads like they didn't break any laws that granted the kid access to the gun, and people are merely opining on what they should've done.
A 15 year-old can't legally possess a hand gun. Anywhere.

Your question was referring to charging an individual directly responsible for the crime. It's not a relevant example to this case, where they are dragging third parties into it, who are responsible by proxy.

As to your question, it would depend on how much emphasis the state puts on distracted driving. If using your phone while behind the wheel isn't illegal in that area, then you're at the very least, gonna have a decent defense that your actions leading up to the crash weren't illegal, and thus not relevant to whatever higher crime they're potentially trying to charge you with.
It's relevant to the fact that you keep saying that you disagree with it because no law was broken. So I'm applying that logic to a scenario to see if it holds up. Which, it doesn't.

All states have charges like child neglect, reckless endangerment and criminal negligence. There isn't an emphasis on it, it's what happens in a civilized society where there is an expectation that your direct actions don't lead to the danger or death of those around you.

When I got into a fight, and broke a kids glasses (12 years old). My parents had to pay for them. Which I actually had to pay them back. Why should this be any different. Your responsible for your kids actions. Especially if your warned by their school. That goes out to the inner city people too.

When I got into a fight, and broke a kids glasses (12 years old). My parents had to pay for them. Which I actually had to pay them back. Why should this be any different. Your responsible for your kids actions. Especially if your warned by their school. That goes out to the inner city people too.
Can you define “inner city people”..?

"the area near the center of a city, especially when associated with social and economic problems" there ya go. Better?

A quote from the end of her time on the witness stand:

'
However, the defense has argued that the blame lay elsewhere: On her husband for improperly securing the firearm; on the school for failing to notify her about her son’s behavioral issues; and on Ethan himself, who actually pulled the trigger. Jennifer Crumbley was the only witness called.

“I’ve asked myself if I would have done anything differently, and I wouldn’t have,” she testified Thursday.'

Really... even now you wouldn't have done things any differently?

She bragged about buying him a handgun on social media. Play stupid games and all.

2nd day on the stand and now being cross examined by the prosecutors.

She took the stand? Dang

She was getting gang banged the week leading up to the shooting. Prosecutors arguing she didn’t want her kid coming home from school the day of the shooting because she wanted to go to a hotel and have another affair, which she could get away with but only during working hours or her husband would know

Damn

There has been a consistent erosion of good parenting in this country and the norm is becoming a really low level.

I think there needs to be significantly more interventions in failing families on behalf of society. This shit needs to start in kindergarten at the latest. When little kids are struggling, the school should send a social worker out to investigate the home situation.
They barely have the resources to send social workers when it's a dire need.

She took the stand? Dang

She was getting gang banged the week leading up to the shooting. Prosecutors arguing she didn’t want her kid coming home from school the day of the shooting because she wanted to go to a hotel and have another affair, which she could get away with but only during working hours or her husband would know

Damn

wtf, she was getting gangbanged???? I saw a daily mail headline that did mention orgies, but there weren’t any details in the actual article, thought it was click bait lol

If that's your experience, maybe it's you that's the problem.
Are you able to apply the same logic concerning urban kids that are killing each other in every major city everyday? Are you going to hold the parents accountable? Or are you the problem in those scenarios?

Back