Mick Foley is overrated. Feed me your hate.

Foley is my #4 all time favorite. The bumps this man took for his art in wrestling is not to be joked about. He wasn't a great technical wrestler but no other wrestler could bump like he could, he was in a league of his own.

He was also very entertaining on the mic, I loved his promos, his comedy and wit.

You have just motivated me to watch some Foley matches on Peacock so thank you.

Who da fuck is this pissbelt Infidel blaspheming the name of Saint Foley of Mankind?

This infidel OP begs for the holy banhammer of @D.R.H. to blaspheme thus in the Holy Week of Hell In A Cell when we commemorate that St Mankind of Hardcore verily died twice for the sins of the Indy mudshow hardcore wrestling but twice he arose (barely). Let us join our hands together and say the sacred mantra:

Good God almighty! Good God almighty! That killed him! As God is my witness he is broken in half!

Fuck the OP

Fuck The Young Bucks

Just Bleed

Last edited:
I really was never a big fan of his Mankind gimmick. Dude Love and Cactus Jack had more charisma so naturally I preferred those personalities.

FWIW I always liked his Over The Edge match with Austin yet that was more due to Austin and his bullet proof moniker back then.
Mankind was fantastic. Best of the 3

I really was never a big fan of his Mankind gimmick. Dude Love and Cactus Jack had more charisma so naturally I preferred those personalities.

FWIW I always liked his Over The Edge match with Austin yet that was more due to Austin and his bullet proof moniker back then.
Mankind gave us Mr Socko and This is Your Life though.

Fuck Foley though for doing the dick thing with Joey Ryan.

Let's consider TS's claim that Mick is overrated...

...Got every gimmmick he worked over
Could work face or heel effectively
Could do serious or comedy gimmicks effectively
Classic matches(HIAC most notably)
Some of the most memorable promos(Socko, "This is Your Life")
Took some the most hellacious bumps ever
Could sell
Had a decent finisher
Mediocre ring technician
Respected by the locker room, management, and fans(AFAIK)...

Let's consider TS's claim that Mick is overrated...

...Got every gimmmick he worked over
Could work face or heel effectively
Could do serious or comedy gimmicks effectively
Classic matches(HIAC most notably)
Some of the most memorable promos(Socko, "This is Your Life")
Took some the most hellacious bumps ever
Could sell
Had a decent finisher
Mediocre ring technician
Respected by the locker room, management, and fans(AFAIK)...

Also wrote the best wrestling bios and actually created a genre.

Vital for Rock and HHH at times in their career.

Showed that you don’t have to be a douche to be a legend.

I think one of his kids is retarded I read. Mick seems like a great guy but he gave rise to a lot of the garbage wrestling bullshit we see today.

Downs or autism, I forget. Mike did the garbage wrestling properly. He’s not Nick Gage.

Dude has had several all-time great moments in the WWE, and starred in some truly classic feuds, with Undertaker, Rock, HHH, even Orton and Edge, bringing up legends in the process.

Who gives a shit if he was or wasn't a smooth as butter technical wrestler. He always connected with his audience and gave moments that have lasted the test of time.

You're right. His matwrestling sucked horribly. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know the difference between an armbar and a hammerlock.
but did he know the difference in a dropkick and a flying leg kick, or an arm drag and a reverse slam takedown?

Sometimes wrestlers have the it factor and he certainly did. He could get a crowd going as heel or face. He made you engaged with him and was never boring. To me that is a great wrestler. I don’t care if he wasn’t the most technical of wrestlers.

Keep in mind that during the attitude era days wrestling was not as technical as what it is today. He fit that era perfectly.

Back