Mike Dolce blames scale and medical meeting for Johny missing weight

RichyN

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Johny presumably walks around with a $1,500 Tanita brand scale. When he was at a gym in Texas enjoying some weight cutting in the sauna, some gym members were jumping on and off of the Tanita which caused the calibration to be off.

Not only was the scale at fault, but also a sudden medical call by the commission threw them off of their scheduled weight cutting session.

Sounds like excuse after excuse from Mike Dolce. He could have just manned up and admitted that science doesn't always work out.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/03/mike-dolce-explains-how-johny-hendricks-missed-weight-and-how-he-made-it/

Last edited:
The scale would only be messed up if the other people were calibrating it right ? how does a scale just fuck up after a bunch of people stand on it.

Sucks that these things happen because it's hard to tell if they are blowing smoke or what

Sure. Johny also looked his most out of shape for a match, but its the scales calibration that's at fault.

excuses excuses

well, considering his fighter made weight and then won a world title a day later, i'd say Dolce's science worked.

Quite a few guys seemed to miss weight for that event which did make me wonder if there was some issue with the scale. It just seemed strange that some many guys would miss weight but could be a coincidence.

Considering Hendricks put up a pretty damn good pace for 5 rounds and most importantly won the 5th round and consequently the fight, I don't think his cut went so bad.

I didn't watch the whole weigh ins but were there not like 7 fighers that didnt make weight? That seems like it could have been a problem on the ufc's end.

On the other hand it is very possible that the scale broke. Seriously guys things happen. You cant tell me you haven't had an expensive item break when it really shouldn't have.

i dont get why people want to see dolce fail so badly

i'm sure the scale did break. it couldn't take anymore of hendrick's weight and it gave out.

the blame should go to the guy who's sole responsibility is getting hendrick's to the scale on weight.

The scale would only be messed up if the other people were calibrating it right ? how does a scale just fuck up after a bunch of people stand on it.

Sucks that these things happen because it's hard to tell if they are blowing smoke or what

Beleive it or not, those scales are very delicate. If you get a bunch of idiots that carelessly get on and off repeatedly you can easily throw off the calibration.

guy gets paid a few thousand to make sure fighter makes weight.

Fighter does not make weight...

should guy get paid?

I honestly, wonder that myself. Maybe they don't like his personality or the way he markets himself. I see him no different than any other salesman trying to sell his product. I mean, there must be something to his program if he's getting consistently hired by these fighters. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I havent heard a former client bash him or anything....

guy gets paid a few thousand to make sure fighter makes weight.

Fighter does not make weight...

should guy get paid?

Like Diego, there is a man getting Paid to make sure he's gonna eat right and make weight, and if that doesn't happen, fire him ffs. One job. If one of your people can't do their one job properly, why continue his employment?
Why would he let any other mook get on the supercalibratedexpialidocious scales?

Probably because he made the best of his situation, and makes tons of money doing something he loves.

He may not be the brightest guy, but he hustled himself to the top. People find it hard to identify with a guy who is doing something spectacular and may not "deserve" it.

I think it stems from jealousy, insecurity, and just general unhappiness with our own lives.

well, considering his fighter made weight and then won a world title a day later, i'd say Dolce's science worked.
Wrong.gif
Yeah....and if Kelvin had his help he would have beat Story more in a more decisive fashion?
I'm not saying he didn't have a positive role in Johny's performance,but if the fight swung in Robbie's favor would you have praised him for Johny's ability to hang with Robbie?
"The search for the truth is the most important work in the whole world, and the most dangerous." - James Clavell,truth|science
So....watch your back :icon_lol:

Back