Mike Goldberg to return for UFC 300?

JakePaulMMA

UFC deez nutz
@Green
Reaction score
Mike Goldberg was a commentator who served alongside Joe Rogan for almost 10 years calling play-by-play in his own style. He had the ability to see things no one else noticed and had could recite information about a fighter that literally no one else had ever heard before.

Long time fans loved him, miss him, and think he was given his walking papers unceremoniously. Some people feel cheated. It'd be a great chance at one final experience in the sport he helped grow and form into what it is today.

Last edited:
I read that he was a pill junkie and that’s why they canned him. I’m not sure if it’s true. Can anyone confirm?
I can't personally confirm if it's true but I can confirm that he certainly seemed strung out near the end of his tenure

And I can confirm that I've heard this rumour for several people I consider credible.

I think Dana doesn't like him or something. He was OK - probably Fitzgerald level. Anik better, but he could probably still do it.

anyone but robin, i say

I would be ok with a one-off for 300. I dont think they should allow him on the maincard but having him come in for the ESPN prelims with Rogan and let Anik and DC take a break would be quite the surprise and hit the nostalgia feels big time. Having Goldy sign off the prelims would be the ending he deserved. Hell maybe even a HOF non fighter wing if Dana was really feeling it that night.

Good call TS

He always said the octagon girls' names with such enthusiasm.

"Chrissy. Arianny. Celeste."

He was truly terrible at the job in many important ways, but there was something likeable about him. I don't think he's on great terms with the company though.

I still think he was playing the role of the idiot on purpose, so that Joe could correct him and through that inform the audience listening of basic shit.

He also annoyed me at the time, but looking back I kind of miss the guy.

Loved goldy being unintentionally hilarious

But he’ll never be back !

His unintentionally funny comments were part of the UFC. They should have him one last time

"Knock out be knockout

The Michael Jordan of bjj... maybe the kobe?... No? OK

The little eagle flies again!

The black guy vs the white guy"

Please name some more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back