Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield prime for prime

In a 12 rounder, tyson takes the decision, as he'd probably be able to floor Holyfield a few times in the first 7 to get some 10-8

I don't see Tyson lasting 15 with Holyfield.

tough call, thought about it a lot. Holyfield was at his best anytime he fought Mike. Had a great chin, fearless, smart, all around ability and more technical knowledge than Mike, not quite as fast with his hands but still fast enough. tyson, in his prime did show ability to fight over a good hard 12 rounds, I could see a fight going to a decision a close decision, I'll go with Holyfield, but ask me again and I'll change my mind.

Prime Tyson wrecks Holyfield. Evander was just too hittable in his career. Evo doens't go down though. I see a referee stoppage due to the beating.

Marciano... If Tyson could magically fight Marciano it would look like that kaia master.vs MMA fighter.

Watch some Marciano tapes and watch some Tyson tapes and if you come out feeling Rocky is the better fighter you're a slow old white guy, trying to Act like Bert sugar while dry heaving on scotch and fanning your cigars from your face and eyes while choking on both while trying to grow q chin. I know your types.
John Ruiz would outclass Marciano. Andy Ruiz would bet Marciano.

A degraded version of Tyson did pretty well against Vander, leads me to believe prime Mike would have won.

Can Holyfield headbutt? There is your answer.

I'd wager on a prime Mike. By the mid 90's, Tyson was a drug addict ex-con who trained part time. I'm not sure the public truly appreciates and sympathizes for Tyson when it comes to the time he lost out on in his physical prime, especially considering he was falsely accused and poorly represented in court.

Tyson still had some good years left in him before heading to prison. After prison, he was a shell of himself but still good enough to regain portions of the heavyweight title.

Prime for prime, give me Iron Mike. I wouldn't pick many heavyweights over him in a prime for prime sense. He had all the physical tools to be the GOAT he just lacked the mental fortitude.
biggest thing was Tysons punch resistence was shot to pieces after prison

it was like lightning in a bottle. It took the right no nonsense guys he came up with to keep him in top fighting form and to fulfill his full potential and he just didnt have that anymore. But he was still a tough motherfucker,who could kill you with one punch...and his ability just didnt "go away"

I just hate how people say he was a bully,who was a coward when pushed back. There are plenty of fighters who indeed fall apart when they get hurt but he wasnt one of them. The lennox fight was a hard fight for me to watch,cos it really was the end of tyson,he wanted to quit on his stool,but they talked him out of it and he went out there and tried his best,despite being outclassed and outgunned.Normal People who never have accomplished a thing in their lives,look at a guy like tyson and they feel threatened,so they like to see him taken down a peg,so that he looks human like the rest of us. He wasnt a saint,but he showed bravery in the ring when he was hurt,cant just outright lie about that.
he took the lewis fight for cash..Tyson was toast by 2002

Last edited:
Holyfield wins at any time he was a well established HW. The 1988 version of Tyson would have the same problems and the same outcome. He couldn't KO or intimidate Holyfield and he would have been worn down, frustrated and then stopped.
how old are you pal! any 80s version of Iron Mike would topple any version of Holy,Holyfield caught Tyson at the perfect time

Marciano... If Tyson could magically fight Marciano it would look like that kaia master.vs MMA fighter.

Watch some Marciano tapes and watch some Tyson tapes and if you come out feeling Rocky is the better fighter you're a slow old white guy, trying to Act like Bert sugar while dry heaving on scotch and fanning your cigars from your face and eyes while choking on both while trying to grow q chin. I know your types.
LOL..and Bert Sugars non-lit shitty cigar!!!!!

John Ruiz would not beat Rocky Marciano. His falling in routine would get him knocked out.

how old are you pal! any 80s version of Iron Mike would topple any version of Holy,Holyfield caught Tyson at the perfect time
Eh.

Holyfield is always Tysons worst matchup. I think both at their very best is as 50/50 as you get.

Prime Tyson wrecks Holyfield. Evander was just too hittable in his career. Evo doens't go down though. I see a referee stoppage due to the beating.
u know a bit about boxing!!! a lot on here are judging the 96 fight and measuring them for 1991..they were both different fighters in 1991...holy was smaller,lighter,less seasoned,Tyson was still a wrecking ball in 1991 and in great shape

Back