Mikey García: a promotional free agent.

He learnt his lesson after top rank shelved him for a few years when he attempted to jump ship. It's good to see him staying active and fighting the higher ranked guys across divisions.

He learnt his lesson after top rank shelved him for a few years when he attempted to jump ship. It's good to see him staying active and fighting the higher ranked guys across divisions.
I'd like to see him versus any of the fighters that he regularly calls out. He has a big mouth and he hasn't backed it up by making the fights. He looks to be avoiding a Lomachenko fight, I hope he proves me wrong and takes on the challenge.

People can "poo-poo" it all they want, but after stopping Linares, Rigo and the three before Rigo all quitting on their stools, Loma is not going to have the top guys looking to get in a ring with him. Simple as that. Nobody is scared, but it's a business and a loss hurts, and a humiliating loss can be deadly. In truth, he's probably the least desired opponent out there right now.

Mikey is very skilled, but agree that we hear a lot about potential opponents that don't materialize. In my opinion, he better focus on Easter for now. The last month or so has been a pretty blatant example of looking past someone. Throwing out names, etc.

Not saying Mikey isn't the favorite, but you have a guy with a strap in front of you.

Back