News Miles Johns suspended for failed drug test, win still stands

Time to reverse the Jon Jones record

Naw .. a fails a fail .. u shouldn't have shit in your body past or present...

U piss hot...u get cooked. ..no mercy for cheats ever
Except a fail isn't a fail and this kind of black and white thinking isn't what any governing body is using moving forward because it's counter productive and faulty.

The testing sensitivity on these tests is becoming so sensitive that it's going beyond prevention of cheating and into detection of one time accidental exposure/ingestion of things that have to be taken for weeks or months at a minimum threshold dose to have therapeutic effect. The fact that it's turinabol again doesn't surprise me because plenty of companies that make creatine supplements or "test boosters," protein powders, etc. are doing so with questionable practices and turinabol is a shitty, minimally effective PED that I wouldn't even bother taking to get pumped for summer -- but, you could sprinkle it into a "test booster" to get an edge on the competition and have a bunch of broccoli head teenagers taking it to get jacked because it works and other test boosters do nothing.

This whole turinabol debacle is such a joke. It's 50 years old and it does work, but, you have to take it in such doses that finding these tiny amounts in athletes is counter intuitive because it would mean they never took enough to benefit.

Just makes zero sense, lol

Remember this gem:
”UFC VP of Athlete Health and Performance Jeff Novitzky said Jones’ positive test is not a violation. He said USADA, in consultation with other organizations, believes the test is a “pulsing” effect and not a new ingestion of the substance that he tested positive for after a UFC 214 win over Daniel Cormier in July 2017.”

Now read that bolded part again.

It isn't a difficult concept to understand. You can't punish someone for the same act twice. Otherwise USADA would just test you day after day after day and have 97 days out of 100 of failed tests and ban you for life.

Johns is only making 23k for a win? He's 5-2 in the UFC.

That really is atrocious pay for a pro sport.

They should have a name for this. Like the Jones/Lesnar win override

This news was on wikipedia for a few days strangely, weird.

I think these rulings are fine. If you read the rulings they pretty much changed the sensitivity of the test. If it's way below the threshold of the test then you get flagged for atypical test but not a positive one. Their rationale is that probably indicates past usage but it's not recent. The other alternative is that the athlete consumed something that contained a trace illegal substance but it is such a small amount that it has no effect.

What things have turinabol in trace amounts ? Whey and creatine powders ? Food at a restaurant ?

Also does turinabol simply increase testosterone ? Why are athlets then not just using actual testosterone ? Am a bit of a peds noob.

Remember when USADA made an announcement about pulsing, etc. with metabolites? I can't remember exactly what it was but it was something like "we aren't doing metabolites any more" so they might not even test for that, for all I know. Or below their range.

Yeah, testing legitimacy is kinda out the door come January but note that NSAC caught this guy AND all the PFL guys (like 10 of them) so it looks like there's a new sheriff in town in Nevada and there are lots of events held in Vegas.
NSAC doesn't have the same standards USADA is supposed to have. Sometimes that's a good thing, but usually it means their tests are easier. And there's no random testing with NSAC, so to fail their tests is a real failure on their PED program manager, let's be honest here.

But that's why I'm confused. How does someone pass the tests they don't are coming, but fail the ones they do know are coming?

Isn't this his second pop in the last couple years?

I think these rulings are fine. If you read the rulings they pretty much changed the sensitivity of the test. If it's way below the threshold of the test then you get flagged for atypical test but not a positive one. Their rationale is that probably indicates past usage but it's not recent. The other alternative is that the athlete consumed something that contained a trace illegal substance but it is such a small amount that it has no effect.

Based on the majority of other responses in this thread, I'd say presuming that most of these people read is a bold leap.

What things have turinabol in trace amounts ? Whey and creatine powders ? Food at a restaurant ?

Also does turinabol simply increase testosterone ? Why are athlets then not just using actual testosterone ? Am a bit of a peds noob.
Cross contamination with banned substances happens a lot. Sometimes it is intentional and sometimes it isn't. Oral supplements don't really need a sterile environment and some manufacturers don't follow best practice when it comes to cleaning in between batches. This also might happen for compounding pharmacies with poor practices or underground labs. Sometimes people just don't clean or autoclave the glassware well. They reuse the same hood without sterilizing it.

I don't know why they are using Turinabol. It isn't really a good drug to use to beat an exam. It stays in your system for a few months. It's either they found a designer drug similar to Turinabol or a protocol using Turinabol that was beating the exam. It might be the place they were buying the drugs from had poor manufacturing process. It's just weird when several athletes from different sports get busted for trace amounts of Turinabol. If I had to guess I would probably say there was a team that was offering a service that allowed athletes to beat the exam and that team used Turinabol or another drug that got contaminated with Turinabol. It might be the compounding pharmacy they recommended had really bad manufacturing processes and caused everyone to get caught.

Cross contamination with banned substances happens a lot. Sometimes it is intentional and sometimes it isn't. Oral supplements don't really need a sterile environment and some manufacturers don't follow best practice when it comes to cleaning in between batches. This also might happen for compounding pharmacies with poor practices or underground labs. Sometimes people just don't clean or autoclave the glassware well. They reuse the same hood without sterilizing it.

I don't know why they are using Turinabol. It isn't really a good drug to use to beat an exam. It stays in your system for a few months. It's either they found a designer drug similar to Turinabol or a protocol using Turinabol that was beating the exam. It might be the place they were buying the drugs from had poor manufacturing process. It's just weird when several athletes from different sports get busted for trace amounts of Turinabol. If I had to guess I would probably say there was a team that was offering a service that allowed athletes to beat the exam and that team used Turinabol or another drug that got contaminated with Turinabol. It might be the compounding pharmacy they recommended had really bad manufacturing processes and caused everyone to get caught.

mmmm beat the exam, the peds testing by usada ? Also if they buy legal supps, why do legal supps companies also manufacture ilegal peds ?

mmmm beat the exam, the peds testing by usada ? Also if they buy legal supps, why do legal supps companies also manufacture ilegal peds ?
All not all PEDs are illegal. There are also big manufacturers that make everything. It might be illegal in one country but completely legal in another. They might come out from the same facility.

All not all PEDs are illegal. There are also big manufacturers that make everything. It might be illegal in one country but completely legal in another. They might come out from the same facility.

or they might be used as a reasearched on hand excuse ? If I pop for this and that I know a brand that got traces of it.

Except a fail isn't a fail and this kind of black and white thinking isn't what any governing body is using moving forward because it's counter productive and faulty.

The testing sensitivity on these tests is becoming so sensitive that it's going beyond prevention of cheating and into detection of one time accidental exposure/ingestion of things that have to be taken for weeks or months at a minimum threshold dose to have therapeutic effect. The fact that it's turinabol again doesn't surprise me because plenty of companies that make creatine supplements or "test boosters," protein powders, etc. are doing so with questionable practices and turinabol is a shitty, minimally effective PED that I wouldn't even bother taking to get pumped for summer -- but, you could sprinkle it into a "test booster" to get an edge on the competition and have a bunch of broccoli head teenagers taking it to get jacked because it works and other test boosters do nothing.

This whole turinabol debacle is such a joke. It's 50 years old and it does work, but, you have to take it in such doses that finding these tiny amounts in athletes is counter intuitive because it would mean they never took enough to benefit.

It isn't a difficult concept to understand. You can't punish someone for the same act twice. Otherwise USADA would just test you day after day after day and have 97 days out of 100 of failed tests and ban you for life.

Sounds like excuses... U should know what's in your body. ..if its enough to trigger the test then obviously something was taken with it in it..

Either show what it is ...or take the loss and suspension...

There cant be grey areas in testing... otherwise people will find ways to be in those areas...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back