• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Misdemeanor charge for stealing a car and murdering 6 month old in Chicago

Fair enough, I was not familiar enough with the list of crimes that are eligible for felony murder charges.

Me neither to be fair, i just googled it when you pointed out that the whole felony murder thing.

So i googled a bit and found out what felony murder is in Illinois. @nostradumbass

Illinois’s felony-murder rule (“A person who kills an individual without lawful justification commits first degree murder if, in performing the acts which cause the death, he or she is attempting or committing a forcible felony other than second degree murder”)

https://restorejusticeillinois.org/...language-in-hb3653sa2-as-passed-january-2021/

So a felony murder is if you murder someone while committing a forcible felony.

So what is a forcible felony? According to the Illinois penal code

Sec. 2-8. "Forcible felony". "Forcible felony" means treason, first degree murder, second degree murder, predatory criminal sexual assault of a child, aggravated criminal sexual assault, criminal sexual assault, robbery, burglary, residential burglary, aggravated arson, arson, aggravated kidnaping, kidnaping, aggravated battery resulting in great bodily harm or permanent disability or disfigurement and any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual.

https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/fulltext.asp?DocName=072000050K2-8

Im sure that as a reasonable individual @nostradumbass will accept that he was wrong and that i was right and in no way will proceed to start calling me names and derailing the thread over his fragile ego being hurt.
don’t even bother. we’ve been saying this since the first page.

You do realize that laws are set Statewide right?
Yes, and this is of course felony murder, but you're not saying they shouldn't be held accountable right?

Just read the first page of "oh, they'll be charged, chuds" to now "meh, sometimes you steal some cars and kill a few people, doesn't mean you should be charged".

Yes, and this is of course felony murder, but you're not saying they shouldn't be held accountable right?

Just read the first page of "oh, they'll be charged, chuds" to now "meh, sometimes you steal some cars and kill a few people, doesn't mean you should be charged".

But Rod did say he should be charged. Just not with something he didn't do. What is the point of such obvious lying?

this is reaching @rob mafia level. the actual legislature is a worse source than wikipedia apparently.

because "no ammo" means 'needing an ID to purchase ammo' and 3 is greater than 7, 10, 9, etc... amirite?

fuck off for tagging me. you said you were ignoring me, since then... it's been 20 replies and now you're tagging me in random threads. obsessed.

I already linked you directly to the Illinois legislature saying that it doesn't.

They will be charged with stealing a car and vehicular homicide according to the degrees of culpability of each individual based on the actual fucking law of Illinois.

It's a personal attack!!!! Blaghh. They have been charged, with misdemeanors.

Well, it's not a personal attack. You made a statement that was false that you knew was false. The proof of that is right here on the page. What do you hope to accomplish with that? Does it just make you feel better after getting humiliated?

You do realize that St. Louis is not in Illinois right?
And you realize I'm complaining about people in Chicago not being held accountable for killing someone and the corrolary spike in violent crime, property crime and murder, right?

Glad we've at least officially switched over to defending the lack of charges instead of pretending maybe one day they will be charged. Pretty predictable, but at least wipes out the entire first couple pages of the original lefty pro crime argument.

You do realize that St. Louis is not in Illinois right?
and the guy was going 100 in a 30 and showed no effort to brake when he rammed them from behind.

And you realize I'm complaining about people in Chicago not being held accountable for killing someone and the corrolary spike in violent crime, property crime and murder, right?

Ok, but what does this case has anything to do with it? Illinois law doesn't allows people to be charged with felony murder over a stolen car.

Glad we've at least officially switched over to defending the lack of charges instead of pretending maybe one day they will be charged.

My argument was the same as initially, the 17 years old (which i assume was the driver) will face the hard charges, the rest wont.

Pretty predictable, but at least wipes out the entire first couple pages of the original lefty pro crime argument.

What?

and the guy was going 100 in a 30 and showed no effort to brake when he rammed them from behind.

Missouri is the anomaly in the sense that any felony can lead to felony murder according to a quick google research.

Do you know a lot of those "kind of guy"? Again, thanks for another low IQ 0 contribution post. No idea why your dad abandoned you, you seem lovely.

I’ve actually contributed pretty well to your shitty thread. I explained why felony charges haven’t been filed yet and why this is extremely normal.

What exactly have you provided us with this thread or your zero-thought replies? Genuine question.

Edit: Yes I know a lot of those guys. You meet them when you’re an attorney. You fit the personality type. Extremely confident in your embarsssing ignorance.

Last edited:
Missouri is the anomaly in the sense that any felony can lead to felony murder according to a quick google research.

A lot of states have expanded felony murder far beyond your violent felonies (or “barrk” felonies: so burglary, arson, rape, robbery, and kidnapping)—as it was initially applied.

Back