Mitt work where the holder seems to be doing most of the work?

Tirofijo2001

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
You've probably seen these sorts of videos

It looks like the mitt holder is doing most of the work. Is there a point to this? What is it?

I’ll leave it up to the people who know what they’re talking about to answer you correctly.
But if I had to guess I would assume that it’s a muscle memory exercise, training the beginning of the movement (the most important imo)
I mean they get like 50 ‘punches’ in within 10 seconds while also working defensive reactions.

Idk I’ve heard sinister say once that the mayweathers have a very specific system and reasons for why it works. I’m curious as to know what’s the point too.

I’ll leave it up to the people who know what they’re talking about to answer you correctly.
But if I had to guess I would assume that it’s a muscle memory exercise, training the beginning of the movement (the most important imo)
I mean they get like 50 ‘punches’ in within 10 seconds while also working defensive reactions.

Idk I’ve heard sinister say once that the mayweathers have a very specific system and reasons for why it works. I’m curious as to know what’s the point too.

that's what I think too, it's for muscle memory and reactions.

you guys are correct, muscle memory and reaction. Not to try and throw some ridiculously long combo in a fight. When your hitting the pads so fast etc. it can be difficult to keep up and throw the proper counter punch, hence working the reaction.

Sure enough Ellenberger look like shit that fight and he was punching short

Sure enough Ellenberger look like shit that fight and he was punching short

Yeah you can tell thats Bullshit just by looking at that video. When you see floyd doing it, you can see that its a system behind it.

There are a metric shit ton of people more qualified to comment on this so I’m going to throw out a half assed oppinion.
I don’t believe that pads should be held the same way everytime. Sometimes you want the guy to stand in front and throw hard, fast and with good technique. Sometimes you want the guy to move around and flow, work on distance and ring position. You might want the guys to react fast with prearranged combinations. You might want the guy to react to what he sees......
This looks like a good hand eye coordination, reaction drill. I don’t see any problem with it, but then if ONLY did this there might be

I literally laughed out loud at that OP video. Ya that's horseshit.

Back