MMA being used in kids charity in Africa

ShaolinSubzz

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Guys I did this promo vid for this outreach project - its awesome (the project not the vid :D). If you like the vid and it brings the feels please do consider a donation. I know the people behind it and know they will keep you in their hearts if you do. Also you never know, they might find the next Francis Nganu and he might be indebted to you for the rest of his career... <45>

Also they have perks - check it out

If you can't donate how about a tweet, email, or social media share? Maybe someone you know might be able to.

https://www.gofundme.com/mma-for-change-zambia

Let me know if you think the video is cool or not etc etc - I used Premier for the edit and thought the graphics might border on cheesy but I think its ok.

Cheers gents

Good work, i hope it gets the results desired.
Love seeing kids training.
Takes me back.

Love it youth, ngl that kid in the red shirt is snapping those kicks off beautifully for such a small lad, good work!

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you Mr Hodge! Agreed - that kids has a future! His movement is off the charts - completely natural bouncing in and out to keep distance and keeps his hands up - he went missing for a bit which was worrying but now he is back! Thank you KilledByDeath! Its nice to put something back for the kids.

I've got a few updates for you and will have more coming soon

https://www.gofundme.com/8wt4ax-mma-for-change-zambia

We took delivery of equipment for the outreach and for the trainee instructors (who are all looking to go pro). Here is some footage. Thank you to all who share the lnik to the gofundme - it truly makes a difference if you copy the link onto facebook or twitter or whatever the hell else the kids use these days ;)

To give you an idea of how dedicated these guys are - the girl Victoria walks 1 and a half hours to come to training and then back - the area she walks through is called Kalingalinga and is dangerous for young women (so I try and get her travel money). Ken and Humphrey walk the furthest - often 2 and a half hours from a dangerous slum in Chilengi district and Shaka also walks more then 10 miles to come train. Crazy really - I was never that dedicated! T|he idea here is to get enough money to get these fighters through school, get them to a position where they can teach MMA (after a few pro fights) and also form them into role models for their communities where they will in turn run outreach work

Another update we did - we trialed a new location for another social outreach - as you can see we need mats and I'm working to get some

Awesome job!
You can see those kids enjoy it.

Winner gets advanced rank in the child army, loser gets ebola.

Lol j/k what you guys are doing is awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back