MMA Doesn't Need Conor McGregor...

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The fanboys, the media, and the UFC are trying to keep him in the picture, but the game can move on without him.

Tony can fight the winner of Khabib versus Barbosa (which is not a good match-up, but it can't be avoided). Kevin Lee can fight the loser of Khabib versus Barbosa. Justin Gaethje is a good addition to the division.

The UFC needs to move guys like James Vick and other 155ers with solid records along, and stop holding the line with guys who don't want to fight. Stop grandfathering certain fighters into the Top 10 rankings. LOL

Also, things are getting heated in 170. There are so many match-ups that can keep the UFC going for the next 2 years. Woodley versus Everybody (LOL), Till, Covington, Perry, Ponzi Scheme, Vincente Luque, Kamaru Usman.

In my opinion, if Conor never fights again, I won't notice. The UFC needs to move on, and stop holding better fighters back. Guys like Carlos Condit, Robbie Lawler, Conor McGregor, Alex Gustafson, Stephen Thompson, Chris Weidman, Luke Rockhold, Michael Bisping, Daniel Cormier, Stipe Miocic, Frankie Edgar and a few more, are just division cloggers. LOL

They are the worst side of popularity contest driven sports. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
I agree....they don't, he is not as big as he thinks he is....way to greedy and can't back it up....just fucking strip him if he won't honor his contract or quit and try something else if he thinks he is something without the ufc

The LW divison is stacked with or without Conor. It even has a real champ too. Just strip him if he doesn't want to fight. MMA was great before Conor and it will be after him. It's still a very young sport and there's probably more talent on the roster than there has ever been.....

I'd agree with you but i don't wanna Conor nutthugers to be crying here about how they miss him..
Sure, that's why you're making a thread about him...

... and not making threads about James Vick
He's trying to spread the word, no problem with that.

The fanboys, the media, and the UFC are trying to keep him in the picture, but the game can move on without him.

Tony can fight the winner of Khabib versus Barbosa (which is not a good match-up, but it can't be avoided). Kevin Lee can fight the loser of Khabib versus Barbosa. Justin Gaethje is a good addition to the division.

The UFC needs to move guys like James Vick and other 155ers with solid records along, and stop holding the line with guys who don't want to fight. Stop grandfathering certain fighters into the Top 10 rankings. LOL

Also, things are getting heated in 170. There are so many match-ups that can keep the UFC going for the next 2 years. Woodley versus Everybody (LOL), Till, Covington, Perry, Ponzi Scheme, Vincente Luque, Kamaru Usman.

In my opinion, if Conor never fights again, I won't notice. The UFC needs to move on, and stop holding better fighters back. Guys like Carlos Condit, Robbie Lawler, Conor McGregor, Alex Gustafson, Stephen Thompson, Chris Weidman, Luke Rockhold, Michael Bisping, Daniel Cormier, Stipe Miocic, Frankie Edgar and a few more, are just division cloggers. LOL

They are the best side of popularity contest driven sports. Just my opinion.
You laugh a lot while posting

Conor did a lot for UFC & vice-versa & MMA fans supported him enough that he went & made $100m playing Boxer.
It is time he did the right thing by UFC & unify the belts.
Getting paid he surely deserves, but this "I won't fight unless ..." stuff needs to stop IMO

Do the right thing by the people that supported you taking a year away from UFC

Guys like Carlos Condit, Robbie Lawler, Conor McGregor, Alex Gustafson, Stephen Thompson, Chris Weidman, Luke Rockhold, Michael Bisping, Daniel Cormier, Stipe Miocic, Frankie Edgar and a few more, are just division cloggers. LOL

WTF does this even mean?

They are the best side of popularity contest driven sports. Just my opinion.
I agree with most of your points, but I'm definitely confused with a few of the names you listed as "division cloggers."

I'm with you, sherbro. He's probably the reason Zuffa sold out.

Of course ufc doesn't need conor they been making money since 2004 but I'm sure they will try everything to get him back

Do the right thing by the people that supported you taking a year away from UFC

As one of those people that has always supported him, I for one don't give a fook what he does. He doesn't owe me shit. I bought the PPVs, and I was entertained. Conor (and every other fighter I support) can do or say whatever they want to the UFC as far as I'm concerned, let them do whatever it takes to get the best deals for themselves, and extract the most money they can for the short window they are in this fucked up, brutal game. Because as soon as they become useless to the UFC, that company and most of the fans will not give a shit about them anymore. That's always been my take on this stuff anyways.

just fucking strip him if he won't honor his contract or quit and try something else if he thinks he is something without the ufc
Too bad money runs the world and makes u kiss asses. UFC needs conor unfortunately.

Supply and demand. His ppv numbers don't lie. He'll fight and make more cash with every fight. And you, we, all will watch it. Quit bullshittin.

I agree with most of your points, but I'm definitely confused with a few of the names you listed as "division cloggers."
These guys are always in title talks regardless of their performances, and it keeps the up and coming guys away from the limelight. Look at Daniel Cormier, he is talked about as if he is one of the best LHWs ever, but he has only fought 4 different LHWs. So, he is clogging up the system fighting the same guys over and over.

The same with Alex Gustfason. He is always in title talks even after he gets KO'd (fought for the belt after the Rumble KO), and that clogs the assembly line.

I will admit I am a bit exaggerating with Stipe Miocic. The HW is lame division, so he really has nothing to work with except old has been PRIDE FC fighters.

Chris Weidman, even after consecutive losses, the media, fans and UFC kept this guy in title talks, instead moving along a prospect. The same with Luke Rockhold, didn't fight for long time after the Bisping fight, yet, he was always in title talks.

It is always the same old 3 or 4 guys in most divisions being promoted and talked about in title talks, regardless of how they perform, and that clogs divisions, because these 3 or 4 guys are always turning down fights against up and coming challengers, since they know they are always one win away from the title fight.

I used to hate Bisping, he's earned my respect. I used to like and defend Conor, he's lost my respect. He brought me back into this sport a few years ago, he might as well be the one to bring me out. UFC needs Conor, but not Duck Conor. So no, the UFC doesn't need a champ afraid to fight the interim champ. It sucks it has to be this way.

Take out everyones bullshit whinge about him not defending the belt yet, tell me one mcgregor fight thats not been entertaining. Sure there are other great fighters and mma doesn't need one fighter but people wanna watch him fight coz you know hes gonna bring it and go for the finish, not move away and run from the fight or try and wrestle the whole fight

I used to hate Bisping, he's earned my respect. I used to like and defend Conor, he's lost my respect. He brought me back into this sport a few years ago, he might as well be the one to bring me out. UFC needs Conor, but not Duck Conor. So no, the UFC doesn't need a champ afraid to fight the interim champ. It sucks it has to be this way.
how do u gather he's afraid to fight tony? tony only won the belt a few weeks ago, there's certain negotiations that have to go on before they announce a fight. Chances are it gets announced after or at 217

Back