MMA Expert Predicts Stunning Upset for Dustin Poirier

Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters
I've got a feeling Dustin gets the upset too, and I really don't know why.

All logical evaluations point to Khabib tossing him around like he does to everybody else. Just a weird vibe I'm getting.

Tinfoil hat!

Last edited:
I can also copy pasta:

Conor is inside Khabibs head. All Khabib keeps talking about is Conor this Conor that, no mention of his opponent poirier. Conor really did a number on him in the mental warfare game.

Khabib taking his focus off Poirier and instead thinking about Conor will be his downfall.

Plus poirier is a good stand up fighter. Look at round 3 of Conor vs Khabib. Conor was toying with him, tagging Khabib over and over again and rocking and hurting Khabib a couple of times. That was a Conor McGregor who only had one foot and come into the fight with a broken foot. As far as I’m aware poirier is 100% healthy, so he will be able to be even more effective than Conor was in the stand up.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/why-poirier-will-knock-khabib-out-cold.4009153/
Conor was toying with Khabib, rocking and hurting him? What fight did you watch? You really should stay off the drugs dude..

RDA > Poirer

but ya, I mean Dustin does have a different style than others he has fought, but, that doesn't mean its going to be the one to present him problems. I don't think Dustin is going to make it past the 3rd.

Anyone named Mookie doesn't deserve to be taken seriously

Parents combined IQ is double digits

Forget the body shots, those will only leave him open for getting taken down. His only chance of winning is to go head hunting. With that being said, I have Dustin winning by k.o.

Poirier's tdd is atrocious. While I don't think khabib is some undefeatable monster like many do, it's gonna take the right style matchup. Poirier isn't it.
Keep underestimating these dirty south crackers at your own risk..

Yeah, well, everyone is going to show Khabib striking like he's never seen before, right up until he drags them to the ground, like he always does.

Striking advantage means nothing if you can't keep the guy off of you, and no one has been able to do that, to date. No one. I'm not even a big fan of his, but everyone has been saying that it's hype and he's just had matchups to his advantage, but no one has been able to keep him off of them.

When it happens every single fight, no matter the opponent, no matter the style, eventually you have to give him his props and acknowledge that he dictates the terms of the fight.

Someone will eventually either catch him, or have a well-enough rounded game to keep it on the feet and do some damage, but in any given fight, at this point, I have to say the odds are against it.

So the expert you quoted is Gladiator24, a thread starter on sherdog
expert shit poster more like it
tenor.gif

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Dustin Poirier

Mookie Alexander:

I am shocked at how many people are picking Poirier. I thought I was being cool and different going the other way. We know Khabib has a pretty clear path to victory and he usually gets the fight he wants… but his overall lack of fights against the top-tier of lightweights mean that we still have some stylistic match-ups we’ve not seen him face yet. Poirier is one of those fighters, and he’s arguably the most well-rounded striker that he’s ever faced.

I can see Poirier aggressively looking for body shots and ways to… I won’t say tire Khabib out, but slow him in ways we’ve not seen other fighters slow him down. He is capable of fighting off of his back foot; he’s an excellent counterstriker; and he mixes his strike selection up beautifully.

Khabib is not nearly as effective a fighter in open space as he is towards the fence, so if Poirier can keep away from there, he has a great chance to win.

Poirier has the cardio to match Khabib and he’s hardly some hopeless fighter on the ground if he does get taken down… but I sure as hell wouldn’t want the fight to happen there.

There’s an aura of invincibility that Khabib has that I’ve never really agreed with, and while he’s an outstanding fighter with a great resume, I don’t think Poirier has any singular defined weakness that he can exploit like he’s done with McGregor, Iaquinta, RDA, et al.

I’m going for the upset! Dustin Poirier by unanimous decision.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/9/6/20853492/ufc-242-khabib-vs-poirier-staff-picks-predictions
Dustin gets in trouble and is in serious danger against a lot of opponents that simply are not on khabibs level, Dustin is great but he just has a lot of heart and pulls through and keeps his game tight when he’s tired.. but I expect the usual khabib smesh.

God damn I need to see tony and khabib.

I need it.

It needs to happen. BA Jay jay versus community wrastling

So 6 of the 10 people picked poirier to beat an undefeated guy that nobody has come close to beating.

Anyone else find this really strange?

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Dustin Poirier

Mookie Alexander:

I am shocked at how many people are picking Poirier. I thought I was being cool and different going the other way. We know Khabib has a pretty clear path to victory and he usually gets the fight he wants… but his overall lack of fights against the top-tier of lightweights mean that we still have some stylistic match-ups we’ve not seen him face yet. Poirier is one of those fighters, and he’s arguably the most well-rounded striker that he’s ever faced.

I can see Poirier aggressively looking for body shots and ways to… I won’t say tire Khabib out, but slow him in ways we’ve not seen other fighters slow him down. He is capable of fighting off of his back foot; he’s an excellent counterstriker; and he mixes his strike selection up beautifully.

Khabib is not nearly as effective a fighter in open space as he is towards the fence, so if Poirier can keep away from there, he has a great chance to win.

Poirier has the cardio to match Khabib and he’s hardly some hopeless fighter on the ground if he does get taken down… but I sure as hell wouldn’t want the fight to happen there.

There’s an aura of invincibility that Khabib has that I’ve never really agreed with, and while he’s an outstanding fighter with a great resume, I don’t think Poirier has any singular defined weakness that he can exploit like he’s done with McGregor, Iaquinta, RDA, et al.

I’m going for the upset! Dustin Poirier by unanimous decision.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/9/6/20853492/ufc-242-khabib-vs-poirier-staff-picks-predictions

I see porier uppercutting khabib

So 6 of the 10 people picked poirier to beat an undefeated guy that nobody has come close to beating.

Anyone else find this really strange?
Evidently not...But we're about to find out...Dustin wont get steamrolled if thats your prediction...

Dustin gets in trouble and is in serious danger against a lot of opponents that simply are not on khabibs level, Dustin is great but he just has a lot of heart and pulls through and keeps his game tight when he’s tired.. but I expect the usual khabib smesh.

God damn I need to see tony and khabib.

I need it.

It needs to happen. BA Jay jay versus community wrastling
He didnt "smesh" short notice Iaquinta...Just sayin'...

he thinks Poirer has the cardio to match Khabib? he's wrong on that. he thinks Poirer doesn't have a single defined weakness that Khabib can exploit? doesn't even make sense. Khabib doesn't exploit specific weaknesses, Khabib doesn't even a give a shit what kind of fighter you are, all he wants to do is get a hold of you and get on top. that's it. RDA and Iaquinta don't have specific weaknesses either and Khabib beat them handily.

is this guy really an expert or is he just some cunt on the internet?

Back