MMA fighter seriously ill after being knocked out by Conor McGregor's clubmate

gandharva

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-...being-knocked-out-by-conor-mcgregors-clubmate

A Portuguese MMA fighter is reported to be in a serious condition in hospital after he was knocked out by a club mate of Conor McGregor in Dublin.

Charlie "The Hospital" Ward scored a third round TKO victory over Joao Carvalho at an event called Total Fighting Extreme 1 at the National Stadium, with McGregor supporting Ward in the crowd. Both fight for the Straight Blast Gym stable.

It was reported that Carvalho became "very ill" 20 minutes following the fight after being checked out by doctors a second time and was taken to hospital, the Irish Independent reported.

he passed away, really sucks, Portugal is such a small country and has so few mma athletes this really sucks for everyone of us.

Rest in Peace

Does this count then as a death in mma?

as with the other mma deaths, wonder if he had prior history and was properly cleared medically

RIP. wonder how far back this will set mma in ireland

Not really a late stoppage either, IMO.

Probably died from the head trauma, swelling of the brain or the like.

Not the worst stoppage I've ever seen either. As a layman, can't put my finger on why it happened. Maybe a previous condition.

Terrible news anyway. RIP.

Terrible news, with this and the Nick Blackwell incident the other week I sense a lot of hysterical media and sjw's calling for a ban on combat sports.

RIP warrior.

its kinda like those guys who hit their heads seem fine but then start throwing up and pass out and die. it isnt anyone's fault really just a freak accident

They would use Conor McGregor's to promote someone's death... C'mon now. 'Conor McGregor's clubmate' lol gtfo

Horrible news. RIP.

Not the worst stoppage I've ever seen either. As a layman, can't put my finger on why it happened.

You only need to get hit in the head to burst a blood vessel - from a punch, falling to the ground - even onto snow, never mind concrete (as happened to Liam Neeson's wife)

RIP & hope this doesn't have too heavy an impact on the Portuguese MMA community

Back