MMA fighters who completely disappeared

Joe Daddy Stevenson. This dude was all over Spike TV reruns when I first started following the UFC. But I never saw him compete live and once they left Spike I never saw him again.
He’s around . Shouldn’t be fighting tho

We’re lucky he even considered playing in the ufc as a hobby.
The man was a head engineer with multiple degrees.
I made a thread awhile back about how he was still a full time engineer. What a talented guy. It’s a shame he didn’t do the rizin tournament, in hindsight that tourney was stacked.

I've more than "tried" ... I've actually fought in organized gatherings ... and on the street.

Been arrested 7-times, convicted once.

I am more "real" than your "candy-ass" will ever dream to be.

Those are some really impressive life achievements. Do you have a celebrated collection of empty tall-cans and gas station sunglasses adorning your mantle? (And by "mantle," I of course mean, the floor)

I made a thread awhile back about how he was still a full time engineer. What a talented guy. It’s a shame he didn’t do the rizin tournament, in hindsight that tourney was stacked.
Goddamn, I forgot he pulled out of that RIZIN tournament. In 2016, he might have had something in the tank and could have KO'd Aliakbari.

Honestly, I think that was a publicity stunt on Carwin's part. Sakakibara publicly released him from RIZIN after he pulled out for not being able to train how he wanted. He claimed afterwards how he would fight for Bellator and nobody really bought it that time. This was around the time he was being a weirdo on Reddit or whatever.

Who are some MMA fighters who have never been heard from again? Of course, I'm not talking about guys who simply were released and have since retired or fought in regionals. Just guys who were straight-up never heard from again?

One that comes to mind is Scott "Hands of Steel" Smith. Known for his wars in the UFC and Strikeforce. Should have been a former Strikeforce Middleweight champion had Cung Le not vacated his belt out of ducking the other top contenders in Strikeforce.

View attachment 1019286

After the Cung Le fights, he went without another win in Strikeforce. Losing to Nick Diaz (at MW), getting flatlined by Paul Daley, decision by Tarec Saffiedine, and getting steamrolled by a tune-up in Lumumba Sayers. Apparently, he had a serious alcohol problem during this time. Had then been released by Strikeforce, a year before the Strikeforce roster was absorbed by the UFC. He had come back in 2014 for some promotion called West Coast Fighting Championship or something.

Dropped off the face of the planet since his last loss to Justin Baesman in like 2016/17 and was never heard from again. No social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, nothing. I don't know of a lot of cases like this in MMA fighters.

Also fun fact: Scott Smith was overpowered in EA MMA.

Remember Dustin Hazelett ? the jiujitsu kid who got some slick submissions then got KO'd by Koscheck and Daley.

1703533210300.png

Haven't heard of him for like a decade. He was pretty young too.

Sage Northcut

He disappeared so much, I forgot his name.

He went to one fc and got his face smashed bad in a brutal ko loss. "Northcutt suffered eight fractures in his face that required nine hours to surgically repair. There was extensive recovery time that kept him sidelined."

He's back now and fighting Aoki next month.

Remember Dustin Hazelett ? the jiujitsu kid who got some slick submissions then got KO'd by Koscheck and Daley.

View attachment 1019839

Haven't heard of him for like a decade. He was pretty young too.

McLovin is an ambulance paramedic last I checked, got out while he was young and jumped into a health care career

images

Still to this day no one has found this Waldo.

legend says he's still out there, riding the waves of niteroi

Tyler Mauritania, a TUF Canada vs Australia fighter, who was like 19, very strong and got canceled because he published something racist on Facebook when he was 14 or 15
You mean Tyler Manawaroa. Felt bad for him, it was in poor taste but I think he posted it when he was like 16 or 17? People have got second chances for a lost worse, he was a decent prospect too, who knows how far he could've gone. Seems he's lost all interest in MMA now because don't believe he has fought since.

Claude Patrick?

3-1 in the UFC, only lost to Brian Ebersole by Split Decision, not sure what happened to him.

He said he had injuries he needed to rehab and I guess he couldn't fully recover.

I remember him looking like he had a lot of potential.

Costa Philippou seemed to just vanish had a respectable 6-4 run in the UFC two of those losses coming from Mousasi and Rockhold.

oh and has anyone seen Goran Reljic??? Man the good ole days when that thread was made at least once a week

<{anton}>

Back