Social MMA Guru is skeptical on why Michael Chandler adopted black children.

Mack Yancy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Michael Chandler dropped an interview with Shawn Ryan where he talked openly about his adopted kids and their race. Some of the comments were

"I'm not raising black children, I'm raising children."

and

"When I look at them, I always think they look like me."

MMA Guru has a number of issues with this interview.

I’m not watching/listening to that shit based on the thumbnail alone.
The fact that you consume information based on youtube thumbnails actually says more about you than MMA Guru

I don't really disagree with him. I don't think he can teach anyone how to be "black" because why would he know in the first place. But I specifically remember him when the UFC was doing that one piece a few years ago, I think it was during black history month or something like that. And he said something about how he would teach his kids what it is to be black men in America. I don't know if that was really him or if the UFC made him say that but he did say it

We havent evolved enough to judge people on their character rather than characteristics :(

That might be another couple of thousand years away, until then any attempts are all 'woke'.

The internet gives cats like this a place to hide and say things they never would irl.
I grew up in the projects so I grew up with all kinds of people.
When I was a kid I was surrounded by criminals of every kind and color so I learned pretty quickly that MLK was right.

People should be judged by how they treat you and not what they looked like, but apparently that wasn't taught everywhere.

As far as "woke" goes... that's a human construct that gives people yet another way to separate each other.
Being human is not easy, but humans seem to find ways to make it even harder sir.

What do I know though.

The internet gives cats like this a place to hide and say things they never would irl.
I grew up in the projects so I grew up with all kinds of people.
When I was a kid I was surrounded by criminals of every kind and color so I learned pretty quickly that MLK was right.

People should be judged by how they treat you and not what they looked like, but apparently that wasn't taught everywhere.

As far as "woke" goes... that's a human construct that gives people yet another way to separate each other.
Being human is not easy, but humans seem to find ways to make it even harder sir.

What do I know though.

Yeah we're just not very good at being people, are we?

Real shame because it doesn't even seem that difficult to get it right...

Let's hope for a better tomorrow my man!

This shit is old news and I remember reading about it in the UFC Discussion.

I just assumed Chandler and his wife are infertile and wanted kids.
Can't say I'm familiar with the adoption process in the US, but in my experience adoption isn't like shopping for a consumer product such as a car or fashion accessory.
You don't get to pick and choose based on your colour preferences.

Back