mma gyms in the boston area?

the best evah

Orange Belt
Reaction score
hi so i was wondering as to which school i should check out in the boston area dont mind making a drive either if there is a great school a little further away, i did brazilian jiu jitsu for close to 4 years at a great school in watertown ma but i had to take a little time off due to injury and i wanted to get back into training, i would go back to the school but they focus on solely on brazilian jiu jitsu and i wanted to try my hand at the full game of mma with striking and wrestling, i heard about sityodtong in somerville and i also heard about lauzon mma in easton and i was just wondering maybe out of those two which one if anybody had an opinion on which is the better school or maybe if there is another one out there that somebody wants to mention. Thanks for the help.

Redline has some good fighters and their team is friendly.
Sityodtong is in Boston and is a great muay thai school.
Hard Knocks Boston has two locations and killer muay thai - if that's your thing.
Broadway Jiu Jitsu guys do well in local MMA competitions and are supposed to be a good school.
Gracie Barra on Commonwealth ave is full of cool people and are very friendly.
Lauzon has classes taught by Joe Lauzon himself a few times a week - and their fighters do well in local circuits as well. They compete in BJJ, Kickboxing and MMA.
South Shore Sportfighting has had some good fighters recently and have a reputation for good BJJ.
Team Link is a little out of the way BUT is a fantastic muay thai team. Their fighters use a lot of elbows at the shows.

I know lauzons has landed fighters in the UFC before. Florian, Broadway and Sityodtong as well (I think.)

I would visit a few gyms and see what ' feels ' right. Every gym I posted does trial classes.

lol dont go to redline or you'll look like this

I think I was at the fight that the above poster quoted. Every team has fighters who win - and fighters who lose. Fighters who get injured, who KO and also fighters who get knocked out.

Posting a fight and making an assumption about the entire school is pretty juvenile

Last edited:
Back