MMA has been so boring lately

It would at least spice things up. It’s all incredibly stale right now. All cards are watered down, there are no big fights, no big stars currently active besides Jones and Cormier who both had really boring fights against lion can heart and the black beast, a bunch of wmma, guys getting caught by usada left and right, titles losing all their meaning...
Hate to break it to you but you’re just realizing this is what mma is nowadays. It’s not what it used to be. Watered down cards with scrubs, wmma, and unworthy title challengers. Fighters who can take a better selfie than throw a decent jab. Reebok and USADA. It’s all just normality at this point. It’s not what it used to be.

I recommend
Canelo%20Jacobs.jpg
I got Caneloid Alvaroid on this one, I don't know why. Maybe it's because the same judge who gave him a 118-110 vs GGG will be there. But you never know.

Is this the most boring the sport has ever been?
Was talking to my friend about this at work. I've accidentally missed the past few weeks of UFC as the cards have been so low key. (Who the fuck was on that Russia card). Boxing has been kicking MMA's ass this past few weeks. And Canelo vs Jacobs this week is more interesting than Cowboy vs Al imo.

its not really that boring. its just everything is going to SEEM boring in comparison to Khabib/Conor

Sad to see guys who only get excited if there are “big names”. Shit some of the best fights I have seen have been this year. They have been consistent and amazing, so so many good fights.

Another dolly through a window is required. Or a three piece and a can of soda perhaps?
What up shill. Last week was the most boring card of all time. 50% of these people I've never heard of week after week. Expect more decisions across the board. I think PPVs are the only cards worth parlaying hard at this point. I mean, I'll win a killer parlay tomorrow, but.. it's true, it's really boring now. Let's hope it gets better.
Sad to see guys who only get excited if there are “big names”. Shit some of the best fights I have seen have been this year. They have been consistent and amazing, so so many good fights.
Like who?

Funny thing is the ufc is so boring right now that I don’t spend that much time here anymore and I’ve noticed that the forum is completely dead in comparison to one year ago.
Because the first page of the forum isnt filled with "prime for prime, conor wrecks Mohammed Ali" and "OG champ champ looking TST"

You're forbidden to be sad that UFC is not flinging you up anymore.

That's the first and second rules of Sherdog Club. Whenever someone gets dragged down there's a flood of people trying to get the person sadder. (And some people trying to keep the upbeat beat up, thanks for you guys.)

I'm not caring much for UFC or MMA as I used to be, so for me maybe you're right, since I'm unscathed meh..

Lmao ufc 234 being a ppv event was a fucking joke. That was ufn on spike tv type of card.

I agree with TS. I've lost my interest a lot since let's say 2 years ago.
And the reasons are:
- Middleweight division is dead
- Light heavy weight is ruled by one man and the gatekeepers are losing and got old
- Not much happening in 155, everyone is either going crazy or ramadan
- Women divisions, I don't even know who's champion at the moment and most of the recent fighters are just bad and not entertaining
- At 135... I don't even know who are the guys fighting at the top, well most of them
- 125 dead since MM left and was almost dead when he was around
- Heavyweight.. the champ hasn't fought in I don't know how long, Stipe hasn't fought, Ngannou is not smart to make the division great again and Lesnar is a yoke (Fernando Alonso)
- Welterweight - this is how fights are done now - "Kamaru Usman to Colby Covington: 'You have to beg me for that fight"

To be excited view it more as mixed martial arts & less as celebrity beatdowns.

The early part of 2019 has given us some of the most memorable main event fights/finishes in a long time. What are you talking about?
Yup. First quarter has been massacres left, right, and center.

Back