Media MMA Journalist Kevin Iole no longer working with Yahoo Sports

the bigger issue here is more what does this mean for MMA coverage. Will yahoo stop/cut back?

I am actually kind of suprised yahoo is as big as it is with offices in multiple countries.

Like him or not, he was one of the very few legitimate and credentialed journalists to cover combat sports...first boxing, then he ventured into MMA as it got more popular. If anything, he was loyal to that shit turd of a company. Loyalty and longevity, two virtues virtually absent nowadays in this fucked up society.

"MMA journalists" repeat what fighters say, repeat what promotions say, look for clickbait, and ask the same dumb questions at press conferences. What do they actually do?

Not a good journalist by any means who's notorious for tossing soft balls in Dana's general direction, but I never wish for anyone to lose their job, so hopefully he rebounds well.

If someone brings nothing to their position except for being a warm body, are they a asset? Maybe for hard labor or Mcdonald's that's fine but I assume journalism has to expect more.

They did not fire him. He just found out that yahoo went down in 2009.

He was like those jungle soldiers who kept their position long after ww2 ended.

I think that he's kissed Dana's ass enough to earn a spot at ESPN.

Since '07? That sucks man.
aGRpAe0_460s.jpg

Couldn't find the article but wasn't Kevin primarily a boxer journalist who would often take digs at MMA/UFC before he started shilling?

Not a good journalist by any means who's notorious for tossing soft balls in Dana's general direction, but I never wish for anyone to lose their job, so hopefully he rebounds well.

of course you would have a garbage take.

Dana haters are so annoying.

None of us would be here without Dana.

He was very hard on boxing promoters like Dela Hoya when Golden Boy still had all the fighters. But he was always lenient to UFC brass because they always give him good seats in the event.

Yahoo Finance is pretty good, I think that's where they are investing heavily. Haven't check Yahoo Sports in ages.

Back