MMA note taking

Captain Chesapeake

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Finally going to start taking notes. Anyone have any spreadsheet templates available?

I think I could make one somewhat easily, but that would require time that I typically don’t have.

guess it would be typical a-z

Fighter stats-age record subs Dec ko… may be bear to update. Maybe just a tapology link

Event/fight date/opponent/result

hyper links for fighters, events

Last edited:
So I went ahead and created a spreadsheet. It’s basic. A-Z pages. Fighter and notes tables

it was a pain for someone who hadn’t used spreadsheets since college

hyperlinking fighters to their tapology page.

starting writing up randomly today. Thinking I’m going to add pros and cons. I’m going to tweak it as I figure it out for myself

Here’s what I wrote for Lewis. Didn’t spend much time on it and will revise

Questionable chin. Doesn’t like to get hit. Doesn’t know how to defend punches. Little to no defense altogether. Willing to take a punch to land his. Panics when hurt, but doesn’t clinch or wrestle. Low fight iq. Doesn’t seem to gameplan. Refuses to wrestle even though he has great gnp. Vulnerable to the body. Seems to be getting worse with age. Not a quitter though. 1.5 rounds of cardio, maybe. Still carries power late into fight. Agile, explosive. Squandered athletic ability.

Last edited:
So I went ahead and created a spreadsheet. It’s basic. A-Z pages. Fighter and notes tables

it was a pain for someone who hadn’t used spreadsheets since college

hyperlinking fighters to their tapology page.

starting writing up randomly today. Thinking I’m going to add pros and cons. I’m going to tweak it as I figure it out for myself

Here’s what I wrote for Lewis. Didn’t spend much time on it and will revise

For me I like keeping little notes on specific fights so you can go back and read them if there's a similar style matchup.

Back