Modena1983s diet log

modena1983

I
@purple
Reaction score
Starting this to help figure out where I am currently going wrong and to find out what I am doing right.

Height: 6' .5" (yeah thats a half inch)
Weight: 234 (as of 9/26/09)
Goal weight: 180-185 I think.

Trying to lose the last few pounds of adipose. Was 320 pounds at my peak, have gotten down to 234 doing low carb(veggies, fiber and cottage cheese only generally 55-65 grams a day). Open to new ideas and or strategies. Prolly going to start with something similar to RFL or keto.

Training log link:
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f49/trying-not-obese-weak-850396/

Will update at the end of each day with exact detail as far as what and as far as macros.

Food choices
Beef, little bit of chicken, cottage cheese, cheese, heavy cream, green giant frozen veggie meals, sour cream, salsa, eggs

Supplements

* Protein mix (60 %whey concentrate, 30% Milk Protien Isolate, 10% superduper filtered whey isolate) 24gm protein, 2 carbs 1.5 fat
* Intaworkout water mix from TP (1 tablespoon= 7.5 grams Creatine Mono, 2.25 Grams Acetyl L Carnatine, 4.5 grams whey, 1.75 grams Taurine, electrolytes, vitamins)
* Fish Oil 10,000 grams a day
* Glucosamine Chondroitin
* Cayenne Fruit- for the capsacian
* Caffeine 200mg
* Multi
* B-complex - before training
* Green Tea Extract- 3600mg a day divided to 3 doses
* GABA
* Melatonin 9mg
* ZMA
* Probiotic
* Beta Alanine

Yesterday

Breakfast
4 scrambled eggs
3/4 cups shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese
8 slices of bacon

Snack 1
7 ounces 2 percent milk natural craft cheese

Lunch
7 ounces 95/5 ground beef

Snack 2 (PreWo)
1 jimmy dean three cheese omelet

Dinner(PWO)
Baconator no top bun or top patty (bastards messed up my order)
southwest taco salad no chipotle dressing.

Pre Bed

Some cheese cubes (not sure how many)

Weight: 233.5

I wonder if the cheat meal at the end saved the day? I.e. i am normally eating to little. Maybe I will up calories this week instead.

How has your weight loss been in the last month?

Locked in the 233-237 range, pretty frustrating after averaging 2-3 pounds a week weight loss. However my strength is at an all time and I mean all time as in PR levels.

Locked in the 233-237 range, pretty frustrating after averaging 2-3 pounds a week weight loss. However my strength is at an all time and I mean all time as in PR levels.

I was just curious. I'm the type that puts a lot less stock into nutrient timing and what you are eating compared to just focusing on a calorie deficit. What has worked for me is trying to cut as many calories as possible while maintaining normal energy levels, but also keeping the protein up. For me, it was just cutting portions and cutting little things out here and there. My weight loss has slowed recently, and now I'm looking into other ways to cut calories. I haven't really seen your diet besides one day's entry, but I just wanted to give my 2 cents. Be prepared for the, "WHERE THE HELL ARE THE VEGGIES!?!?"

They stopped as I am trying to stay away from carbs that influence insulin Sinister commented in another thread the veggies influence insulin. So I was skipping them, as well as the cottage cheese. Last week i averaged 2250 calories a day.

a quick BMR calculator has me at 2267 without activity. Factoring in activity its 3174.
This is a fairly conservative estimate.

Have you considered looking into leptin and the response to prolonged caloric defecit? If you're getting stuck at a certain weight, you should.

I'm stuck in the 210s right now, but "stuck" is just a way for me to say that I'm being too lenient with my diet. My exercise is pretty good (twice a day, typically), but I usually just eat modest portions when I'm hungry, which is probably a bad idea if I want to get to sub-200s.

Congrats on the progress so far, by the way!

They stopped as I am trying to stay away from carbs that influence insulin Sinister commented in another thread the veggies influence insulin. So I was skipping them, as well as the cottage cheese. Last week i averaged 2250 calories a day.

Are you that sensitive to insulin? Is there a certain reason you are trying to do ketosis? Anyway if you are, I think you can get away with a few fibrous veggies.

Have you considered looking into leptin and the response to prolonged caloric defecit? If you're getting stuck at a certain weight, you should.

I'm stuck in the 210s right now, but "stuck" is just a way for me to say that I'm being too lenient with my diet. My exercise is pretty good (twice a day, typically), but I usually just eat modest portions when I'm hungry, which is probably a bad idea if I want to get to sub-200s.

Congrats on the progress so far, by the way!

Thanks. My diet has been good not to lenient and i ramped up may cardio (22.5 miles total last week). I wonder if I am eating to little. I have not looked into leptin.

Are you that sensitive to insulin? Is there a certain reason you are trying to do ketosis? Anyway if you are, I think you can get away with a few fibrous veggies.

I think I am thoroughly insulin insensitive for one. I was simply thinking about trying true ketosis vs low carb. I think for next week I will eat a bit more say 2800 calories and add my veggies back in and see what happens.

Breakfast
shake 48 pro 4 carbs 12 fat

PWO
shake 48 pro 4 carbs 17 fat

Snack
7 oz cheese
49 protein 0 carbs 42 fat

Dinner
7 oz sirloin, steamed veggies (zucchini, brocolli) mashed taters loaded with cheese , bacon and sour cream, half my wifes order of 3 cheese penne (with tomatoes), 5 fried mozzarella sticks with marinara dipping sauce all from applebees

that is it for the day.

*subscribed* not really, I don't even know how, but will definitely be watching

Picked up some yohimbe to try again it was on sale 35% off. I am a supplement junkie.

The plan for today

Meal / time / item PRO / CARB / FAT
Breakfast 10am- shake 42 / 4/ 3

Snack 12pm- Cheese 49 / 1 / 49

Lunch 3pm- Beef 42 / 0 / 8
noodles 2 / 6 / 1
veggies 2 / 14 / 6
yogurt 24 / 8 / 3

Snack somepoint- Omelets 32 / 8 / 46

Dinner 7pm- Chicken 30 / 3 / 4
veggies 2 /14 / 6

Pre bed 10:30- Cottage cheese 36 / 12 /15

All day- Water over one gallon 4 / 5 / 0 (benifiber,IWO mix )
Fish oil 0 / 0 / 10

Totals 265 / 75 / 151 Calories- 2719

I hereby approve heartily of your joke where we comment in each others logs like we do in the lifting logs....

awesome yogurt work yesterday

Thanks man, i was happy to get that double especially with vanilla.

[serious post] I think I'm goign to do a bjj tournament oct 17 so I actually have some motivation to drop 5 lbs or so to get to a lighter weight class [/seriousness]

Thats cool on the tourney where is it?
I use a nuetral grip (hloding it up so i do not spill).

Breakfast

shake

Snack
7 ounces 2% natural colby

Snack
carb master vanilla yogurt 1

Lunch
Shirataki noodles, 0 calorie alfredo sauce, 6 ounces chicken breast, fresh red peppers, fire roasted tomatoes and garlic, parmesean cheese.

Snack

carbmaster vanilla yogurt 1
jimmy dean 3 cheese omelets 2

Dinner
95/5 beef
veggie mix

Pre bed

cottage cheese

Calories 2707 Protein 277 Carbs 69 Fat 147

Forum statistics

Threads
Members