Montano stripped of FLW belt

Damn proper!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I like her but that’s the corniest dance move to do in a fight ever imo lol.

Ridiculous to strip her tittle just like that

UFC is like a shit show nowadays the tittles mean jack shit with all these strippings, interim belts etc. I remember when the belts meant something and the number 1 contenders deserved the fights

why? they have been trying to make this fight 3 times (including this weekend) and each time valentina was game and ready. enough already.

don't forget they stripped tony and they stripped colby. they didn't strip max because he defended and now it's supposedly scheduled for 231. conor was stripped due to inactivity. fight, defend or move the fuck on.

I swore she pulled out of other fights before.
If not, then this strikes me as a BS move

Nicco? Nope. She did not sign because she had surgery on her foot then tonsils and adenoids removed at a later date. She has been very up front about her health issues. She fought Roxy with tendon damage to her foot, then went in for surgery after the fight.

Nicco? Nope. She did not sign because she had surgery on her foot then tonsils and adenoids removed at a later date. She has been very up front about her health issues. She fought Roxy with tendon damage to her foot, then went in for surgery after the fight.

She was still saying she had issues with her foot going into this fight. Maybe she just needs to retire.

wait a minute. antonina is a 125er too? how's that going to work...the sisters fight each other at some point?

They'll book JJ vs Shevchenko.
Hell yes!

This is the Perfect Storm for that matchup :
1) they have history, they have fought before (in Muay Thai i think, Shev won each time).
2) It's fairly obvious that JJ struggles to cut to 115 and wanted to move up to 125 (she even said so in a recent interview i think).
3) JJ fought Rose twice, and lost twice. REALLY difficult to find a legit excuse to give her another title shot against Rose. This way...they don't have to.

JJ and Shev are, IMHO, the absolute pre-eminent 125lbs fighters in WMMA. I think it would be a great fight, entertaining, they'll both make weight and i can see these two fighting two or three times.
(Only other person i think might get a fight with Shevchenko is Tatiana Suarez. I could perhaps see the UFC making Suarez vs Shev.)

I think they'll make Shevchenko vs JJ maybe SOON, possibly main event for UFC230 or co-main for UFC231. Shevchenko must be gagging to fight *someone* after this latest disappointment.

Just another "white" stripping an injin of their property

So Montano becomes the one champ who actually gets stripped for not defending??? :eek:

What did she do, turn down Dana's sexual advances? A male champ does this same thing, nothing happens.

All I'm getting out of this is that sinusitis is a far better excuse than lack of kidney function. Somebody better hand Monano that book. You know the one.

I always get shivers down my spine when I hear of fighters having kidney issues during cuts. Kidney shutdown is a gruesome experience

wait a minute. antonina is a 125er too? how's that going to work...the sisters fight each other at some point?

Not a chance of this happening. Plus, they have been sparring partners for more than 15 years, so it would be the most boring fight ever.

The UFC creates a paper champion... & then does not allow her to finish her weight cut, & then strips her of the belt even though there's not another fight contending for that belt? WTF is even going on any more?

When the doctor's stop your weight cut, you get a pass. Their job is to make weight, not be doctors. This thing is getting out of hand.

The really sad part is, if she'd just not made any effort to cut at all, she'd have been perfectly fine and if Shevchenko had backed out for not wanting to fight someone 20-30 pounds heavier *she* would've been the one getting punished. I thought by now fighters would've figured this out.

Good. This fight was a farce anyway.

So the UFC make the decision to send her to hospital, the UFC make the decision to pull her from the fight.....

yet its Nicco who gets punished for that?

If they had an opponent for Val tonight, then I can see it, strip Nicco, have Val fight someone for it tonight, Nicco gets the first shot when she recovers,.

But to strip the champ when they dont even have a replacement.. fucking dumb

how the hell did she make weight 3x on TUF in less than 2 months?

Back