Moose just got dominated

Reminder moose's his cult fan base unironicly thought he could beat Izzy and Whittaker
Moose is one of those weird fighters where if he went out there and torched Whittaker and/or Izzy I wouldn't be surprised one bit. And I also wouldn't be surprised if in his very next fight he went out and got dominated by someone he was like a -600 favorite over haha.

Felt the same way about Josh Thomson in his heyday. On any given night could beat the best in the world and then turn around and lose to just some guy.

Mous has a history of being rather hot or cold and not fighting with much initiative. And he's getting older. Great fighter, but never quite had the motivation to really be the best consistently.

Moose has been hot n cold. Sometimes just barely beating lower ranked fighters. Have not been following him at Bellator but Eblen was hot n Moose not. Moose also getting worn. Congrats Eblen eager to see more of him. Moose a good win n title too.

Well,he was a good fighter,but they def took things way too far
The fucking Shertards forget that he is an old fighter....geez, let's shit on Fedor now and drag up Ali so that we can knock him down again.

I just bumped the thread from after he beat PVZ's husband and they were talking about him finishing Izzy.

Most annoying fanbase ever in this sport P4P.
I was never impressed with the dudes he's fought. Hell I think he lost to Shlemenko early when he first crossed over. Maybe when he was younger and on the high off beating Weidman he could have a championship that meant something but the reality is he pretty much lost to a WW in Shlemenko, lost to a dude who got into the game when he was 100, and almost lost again to an old Machida which I get can be a tough fight but excludes you from the best MW talk when you almost lose when he's in his 40's.

Everything is all recency bias on here and for the most part the media.
When you have 50 wins against many legitimate opponents, give moose his due
And congrats to Eblen!
The thing for me were the talks of him being the 3rd best MW in the world. Barely got past Machida and he looked slow and had horrible cardio last night.

Reminder moose's his cult fan base unironicly thought he could beat Izzy and Whittaker

I mean, he probably could, should he actually wake the fuck up for a moment. Mousasi's weird like that.

Would get thoroughly wrecked by Vettori or even someone like Malkoun right after, though.

It’s just going to turn into Eblen is better than Amy MW on the UFC roster

Funny enough, he probably is! Eblen is sensational but Mousasi is one of those "been there, done that" veterans that anti-UFC fans cling to. Eblen has a better chance of beating the likes of Whittaker than Mousasi. Mousasi would lose 50-45 to Marvin Vettori, whereas Eblen would win against Vettori.

Losing a title fight against an American-born fighter in 2022 is a huge legacy blow. Not just losing, but getting dominated, too.

People with names like Johnny Eblen don’t win titles in 2022.

His name is Jimmy Erblem

@Ares Black will you please teach this guy about MMA

Mousasi is 36 years old, had COVID less than 2 months ago and cut 24 lbs in 2 days before this fight.
Eblen was an unforgiving matchup for him too, imo. Johnny's got the wrestling pedigree to give Mousasi fits, and he answered the questions regarding his cardio.

On paper, I expected this to look like Mousasi/Lovato, with Eblen replicating Rafael's performance with a more wrestling centered approach, of course his striking wound up being the difference too.

Lol the Moose hate is strong!

styles make fights, Gegards kryptonite has always been grappling heavy fighters. He is without a doubt a “good” fighter but his TD defence stops him from being “great” I believe.

Hang on, isn’t Moose P4P combat sports GOAT according to his diehard fans?

Back