More impressive: Jones beating Gane or Silva beating Forrest ?

Oris79

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In terms of moving up a weight class and destroying your opponent:
It's close but I gotta go with Silva:

silva-griffin.gif

jon-jones-cyril-gane.gif

I would say Anderson over Forrest. Forrest was a former champion and had many fights in the UFC and we kind of knew who/what he was. Gane fights in a weaker division and despite being around for a little bit now, I still don't feel like I have a solid grasp on how good he actually is. Not discounting Jones' win, it is impressive, but I do think Anderson's win was more impressive.

Jones did have the long layoff so that could lean towards him...but the way Gane fought that night it looked like most could have beaten him. Same w Forrest tbh

Jones because of his long ring rust, but considering Silva was the smaller guy because he was a MW at that time, no bulk and anything, it's also impressive. But Jones because Gane >>> Forrest.

Idk man, both were great performances by the winner, horrid by the loser.

One made a good point earlier, the Gane hype was much higher, but it was false, too.

That's the performance that coined "The Matrix" for Anderson, which is pretty legendary, but I think Jon's return and domination could end up equally legendary.

I'm torn

Silva vs Forrest was just a striking masterpiece from Silva while Jones vs Gane was just panic wrestling

Neither were more impressive than any of their wins at lower weight classes because they were favorable matchups and the opponent underperformed.
Jones' win over Cormier and Silva's win over Hendo both strike me as more impressive.

Silva vs Forrest was just a striking masterpiece from Silva while Jones vs Gane was just panic wrestling
Forrest fought like he was underwater. I think Silva would probably have still beaten him but he was better than what he was able to show in this one.

In terms of moving up a weight class and destroying your opponent:
It's close but I gotta go with Silva:

silva-griffin.gif

jon-jones-cyril-gane.gif
Silva and not even close. He danced around dude, while doing unbelievable shit for, what.... 2 rounds? Jon's dominance lasted 15 seconds and is up there with any other 15 second dominant win. But it doesn't touch the masterclass Silva gave Forrest.

Forrest fought like he was underwater. I think Silva would probably have still beaten him but he was better than what he was able to show in this one.
When Silva got in an opponent's head, the octagon filled up with water. Bruce Lee warned about this shit but nobody listened. Silva had to show it for real.

Jones did have the long layoff so that could lean towards him...but the way Gane fought that night it looked like most could have beaten him. Same w Forrest tbh
That’s what happens when you out class your opponent, they look incompetent. Gane was a slight underdog, but now he’s a bum. Revisionist history at it’s finest.

Back