More shocking TV: GoT's Red Wedding scene or TWD's Negan's entrance?

And it was taken panel for panel from the comic book.

I'm serious. TWD is one HEAVY comic.
They actually pulled a fast one in the show too. They kept advertising that one of them would day. I knew about Glenn dying from my wife who had read them so we figured it was him. Then he killed someone else first, I forget who, and I thought they had decided to change it. Then he turned around and killed Glen too.

Negan scene for me.

I still haven’t seen the last 2 seasons of GOT but I’ll get to it eventually.

you actually stopped at the right point. Season 6 final episode is a strong note to end on. Just envision your own version of what happens when Dany and co. get to Westeros. It will probably be better.

I gave up on Walking dead around Season 3. Should I have persisted?
No. The show really only had two good seasons. Even though season 2 was slow, the writing was mostly still there, and the performances were solid. Season 3 was a mixed bag, but after that it goes to absolute shit, with the only redeeming quality being the Negan intro episode. Once Darabont's fingerprints were no longer on the series, it turned into a cheesy CW show real quick.

I think they just got greedy. They went from a tight little six episode series for the first season(which is appropriate for the material they're taking from), and then before you knew it, seasons were being stretched out to damn near 20 episodes, with a cut budget. All those hours, adapting graphic novels that would take somebody like an hour or two to read each. Three quarters of the entire series feels like pointless(and stupid) filler.

If all you want is some mindless zombie action, it'll suffice, but if you want the magic of the first season to come back to the show, it never happens. It's just nonstop cringe, with some decent moments sprinkled in here and there.

The Red Wedding, easily. The cliche of someone’s jaw dropping was actually true for me. I don’t think my shock wore off through the entirety of the credits. Reactions were being posted everywhere on the internet and it was all anyone talked about for weeks.

Which TV scene was more shocking?

Game of Thrones' "Red Wedding" episode

or

The Walking Dead's Negan episode?

Def the Red Wedding, because no one cared about Walking Dead at that point

you actually stopped at the right point. Season 6 final episode is a strong note to end on. Just envision your own version of what happens when Dany and co. get to Westeros. It will probably be better.
I’ve managed to avoid spoilers (easy since I din’t use social media besides Sherdog) but I still heard that a lot of people hated the ending. I’m still going to watch it, but first I’m going to buy the 4k set so I can rewatch it from the beginning. It has been too long and I need a refresh before finishing it.

They actually pulled a fast one in the show too. They kept advertising that one of them would day. I knew about Glenn dying from my wife who had read them so we figured it was him. Then he killed someone else first, I forget who, and I thought they had decided to change it. Then he turned around and killed Glen too.

Yup. Sgt. Abraham Ford. :(

Glen's death was shocking as hell in the comic but he deserved it on the show after murdering sleeping Saviors.

I remember when I was reading the GoT books and a buddy said "you will get to a point, and when it happens, call me." After reading the Red Wedding, I had to call. Shit ruined my day. Like if Samwise backstabbed Frodo to keep the ring for himself. Brutal.

Back