Most authentic Puerto Rican meals?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I understand that Puerto Rican food is based on Spanish and Latin American cuisines. But is there any specific meal or a specific style of dish that is uniquely Puerto Rican?

There used to be a Puerto Rican food truck at the park I go to. Shit was fire. I'd get the Mofongo with pork. I think it had a layer of rice and beans too. They served it all in a cup like this. (without the stupid hat thing)

Attachments

• images - 2024-02-15T201808.947.jpeg
    images - 2024-02-15T201808.947.jpeg
    14 KB · Views: 0
Think we got only 1 puerto rican restaurant in French canada

1708099095049.png

Mofongo and Tostones would be two that I associate with Puerto Rico

Anything with Sazon and Adobo. One of my exes used to put that shit on literally every fucking thing. I will say it was delicious though. She was as Puerto Rican as it gets, she stabbed me in the side when I got caught cheating once.

Anything with Sazon and Adobo. One of my exes used to put that shit on literally every fucking thing. I will say it was delicious though. She was as Puerto Rican as it gets, she stabbed me in the side when I got caught cheating once.
Oh snap I came in to make a stereotypical stabbing joke but you got here before me.

Lucky, she let you live <Moves>

Mofongo is differently the most Puerto Rican dish I can think of. My mom and dad use to own a small Puerto Rican restaurant and my mom is still a cook. She catered my entire wedding for free was pretty sweet. No Puerto Rican dish holds a candle to Mangú tho. That's one thing I'll give the Dominicans over us. The wife doesn't make it nearly enough.

Back