Most boring fight in MMA history?

This is the only answer. this was back when MMA wasn't even called MMA and the UFC was still on shaky legal grounds.

Shamrock and Severn were actually told in the locker room before the fight that they could be fined if they threw closed-fist strikes.

So the fight was just Shamrock and Severn circling each other warily. The entire fight.

Regulation time was 24 minutes, so they went into 3-minute overtime. Still no action. They went into an additional 3-minute overtime. STILL no action.

Without a doubt, the worst fight in MMA history. Especially with all the build up of champ vs champ. Motor City Madness, it was called. What a joke

It was so bad people were throwing stuff in the cage.

Here is the whole thing if you want to torture yourself or need a cure for insomnia:

That wasn't actually an MMA fight given the ridiculous one-time-only rules imposed on the card. And any fight from the era where fights were one long round, possibly with overtime, shouldn't be judged in the same category as modern MMA fights when it comes to being boring. The rules made any fight that wasn't a quick finish boring.

Probably some prelim borefest I forced myself to sit through when I began watching MMA, so I could be sure I wouldn't miss anything.

Rashad vs Nogueira [<diva2]
15 minutes of gently touching gloves <BakerNo>
That was terrible. Rashad vs Henderson was pretty bad too. And when they announced the winner by split Rashad was ecstatic for some reason.

Demian Maia vs Tyron Woodley was an extremely boring fight.
Way worse than Maia vs Silva which at least had some bizarre moments. Woodley had some boring title fights.

Mokaev vs Johnson

Generally any Mokaev fight honestly, unless he is the one getting subbed and not tapping then its good for that moment...

Especially when you consider the two guys involved and what everyone was expecting. In terms of anticipation, it was the highest high to the lowest low of all time for sure

To be fair it was two monsters with questionable stamina. There was always a chance it could get grim.

tHvJDJO.png

Here's some important research I did for an MS Paint competition after teh Lewis/Ngannou fight.
"Last Stallbender"
<{MingNope}>{<jordan}[<dunn]

Back