Most cowardly performance in MMA fight?

Don't know if cowardly is the correct word, but when Aoki fought this stupid mixed rules fight against a kick boxer with the first round being kick boxing rules and the second round being MMA rules, he spent the whole kick boxing round basically trying to run out the clock by clinching and not letting go, trying to take his opponent down, and then resorted to throwing flying kicks and falling down so that the guy couldn't hit him on the ground and he could waste more time getting to his feet constantly. It was shameful for sure.

Then the MMA round starts and he immediately gets obliterated by a flying knee while shooting a take down... Karma.

I watched Nate Quarry vs Kalib Starnes live and I know that one gets mentioned often, and more recently Aljo Sterling dicktucking against Yan etc... but to me the most blatant one was Cro Cop vs Takada.

I've never seen a fighter more reluctant to engage his opponent. Maybe in hindsight it was a brilliant strategy since just about everyone else who fought Mirko back then ended up on his highlight reel, whereas now most people don't even remember they fought. But that was just unacceptable, especially in Pride and by a Japanese fighter which makes it that much more shocking. I'm surprised Sakakibara didn't order him to commit harakiri after that performance.

Then when I think back to his beating the drum in a diaper at a later event I sometimes wonder if this was Takada's punishment for disgracing himself against Mirko.

thumbnail_crop.php

Daley punching koscheck after the fight.

this guy who repeatedly would hold subs after tapping (showing it wasn't just a mistake)

Also the guy that jumped in the ring and cheap shotted Conor.

Carlos Condit completely abandoned his NBK nickname and style to win a questionable points win for a shitty interim belt. Lost all respect for Condit after that. He was so damn proud when Dana wrapped belt around him too lmaoo fucken embarrassing
Not really. Condit moves all over the place in every fight. He was less aggressive than normal, but so was Nick who just stopped doing anything after the second round

I watched Nate Quarry vs Kalib Starnes live and I know that one gets mentioned often, and more recently Aljo Sterling dicktucking against Yan etc... but to me the most blatant one was Cro Cop vs Takada.

I've never seen a fighter more reluctant to engage his opponent. Maybe in hindsight it was a brilliant strategy since just about everyone else who fought Mirko back then ended up on his highlight reel, whereas now most people don't even remember they fought. But that was just unacceptable, especially in Pride and by a Japanese fighter which makes it that much more shocking. I'm surprised Sakakibara didn't order him to commit harakiri after that performance.

Then when I think back to his beating the drum in a diaper at a later event I sometimes wonder if this was Takada's punishment for disgracing himself against Mirko.

thumbnail_crop.php

Myles Jury vs Cowboy. Jury did nothing the whole fight. The third round and most of the fight Jury did circle, circle nothing. Failed takedown, nothing. Backpedal, backpedal nothing. By the end of the fight Jury failed at a takedown and the fight ended with Cowboy kicking Jury in the ass in frustration.

I don´t believe any one who EVER stepped into a ring/cage is a coward.

That was bad, but he secured a takedown and put himself in range many times by going for more.

Nate was literally mocking Kalib to try and get him to do something.
True, but from what I understand Kalib destroyed his ankle which was the reason he started backing up. Yeah like I said that one is right up there too, I just thought Takada was worse because it was in Pride and he was supposed to embody the Japanese fighting spirit. But in his defence he was fighting Mirko so maybe that balances it out

Hugo Duarte vs Mark Kerr.

This was my first thought. Duarte is the guy who jumped out under the ropes right?

It wasn't brave, but probably smart. I wouldn't stay in the ring with fully doped Kerr. Dude was a grizzly bear on pain killers and steroids.

Reactions: HHJ
I don´t believe any one who EVER stepped into a ring/cage is a coward.
Mostly this is true,but sometimes you have instances where its almost unacceptable to some fans,because you so seldom see it.

Honestly I'd have to go back and watch Quarry vs. Starnes again because I did watch it live, and remember it being bad, but it's a much much different sport now. Somebody else go do it for me plz and tell me if it translates better today than it did back then.

I dont like to use word " cowardly" . As far as body language and what transpired seconds or minutes into 1st round and being " shook " :
Forrest / Anderson ( Griffin reminded me of frank bruno)
OBrien( j) / Mousasi( O'Brien, surprisingly, just handed Gegard his neck.....standing seconds in ??)

I can imagine alot of people probably posting " running man " starnes and Nate mocking him mid fight. That would be credible but just strange when I watched.

Didnt nick sera lose because he wouldn't stand up?

Back