Most embarrassing loss in UFC history

Andrei Orlovski

UFC black belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Seriously. He moved away the whole fight and then allowed Lewis to get that punch in with 20 seconds left? Also could have finished Lewis 10 times.

On top of that, he got pounded into unconsciousness with no mouthpiece in. He looked like he lost alot of teeth in those last few seconds.

Right there with the hammer fist of doom. I think he was pretty tired and let his guard down.

Lewis wasn’t in danger

When he was rocked he ducked down to recover

He was never dropped once or even close to being finished

I'm sad. Volkov is my favorite heavyweight. And the fact that he was winning makes it worse.

Seriously. He moved away the whole fight and then allowed Lewis to get that punch in with 20 seconds left? Also could have finished Lewis 10 times.

Has a guy hurt multiple times, has him on the ground and waves him back up. Volkov is not a smart man

anderson-silva-knees-a-downed-chael-sonnen-at-ufc-148.gif

He sacrificed himself so we could have the GOAT post fight interview, I say give that man 50k.

He rescued defeat from the jaws of victory.

He fought like a nice guy chump ... he even stopped the fight, to help his opponent... deserved to lose.

Nah, Holm loss to Tate was more embarrassing imo, 5 rounds domination to be put to sleep in a sub in the final minute, of her first title defense.

anderson v weidman 1, rockhard v weidman, holm v honda, gray maynard knocking himself out i could keep going.

Lewis wasn’t in danger

When he was rocked he ducked down to recover

He was never dropped once or even close to being finished
Black Beast is one of my favorites but he almost quit in a couple exchanges. Amazing comeback because of that.

He was domimatimg BB until the last 10 second that knee was chael spinning shit-esque . Congrats to BB for pulling off an amazing comeback and showing a shit ton of heart

All of this while having a golden opportunity to finish the fight. But instead decides to police his own fight and call time for lewis.... its up there yep.

Volkov is slow as molasses, has been beaten multiple times already, and oh yea apparently he has retard fight iq too. People really thought this guy was gonna be the next HW champ?

As cool as it was, I'm amazed Volkov let himself get hit with that punch.

Lewis was throwing that right hand with no set up through the whole fight.

Nah, Holm loss to Tate was more embarrassing imo, 5 rounds domination to be put to sleep in a sub in the final minute, of her first title defense.

Miesha had a 10-8 round 2 wtf are you smoking

Had Volkov just thrown some leather back, like he was doing earlier in the fight, Derrick wouldn't have been as comfortable coming in. Volkov was playing it TOO safe at the end, relegating himself only to kicks, Derrick picked up on it, and knew he could enter without eating a counter. This is why you have to mix it up, especially against a power house like Derrick, "The Best Defense is a good offense" was true in this fight, when Volkov was being aggressive with punches, Derrick couldn't/wouldn't do much. Fair play to Derrick, capitalizing in that extremely small moment. Shows that he can read his opponents intentions well.

Back