Most people Don't give themselves the benefit of the doubt

I really think people take their own talents and attributes for granted much of the time, I've seen that a lot but most humans will blame someone else in a heartbeat in a crisis. How many people do you know who say, "my car got totalled and it was all my fault, i am a fuckup" or do you hear, "this asshole fucked up and totalled my car".?

a Gracious Warrrior indeed
StuartSavesHisFamily.jpg
that's fucked up, i always liked stewy though.

It's rather the opposite. When we don't feel good often the outside is blamed. Even saying 'I am ugly I see as an outside reason. Not many people think they themselves should change or improve their way of thinking instead of things around them should change.
ya man, but we're all living in and coping with a lot of ridiculous, onerous shit. It won't change, forget about that, but living the way we do is largely bullshit.

Well that quote doesn't make sense so it makes sense he was lost af
when I was a depressed teen, my Uncle told me not to listen to the shrinks, that they were in their field because they were trying to fix themselves and that they had the highest rate of suicides amongst professions. It may have been true then, don't know if other fields have taken the top suicide spot since. I heard dentists have high rates of suicide.

I actually find the contrary. Most people credit success to themselves and blame outside forces for failures. I think the term for that is attribution bias

Agree 100% with this. Most people I've known blamed everything/everyone but themselves, and never changed, thus repeating the same mistakes over and over and over again. Acted like geniuses that knew everything, but had nothing to show for it.

Agree 100% with this. Most people I've known blamed everything/everyone but themselves, and never changed, thus repeating the same mistakes over and over and over again. Acted like geniuses that knew everything, but had nothing to show for it.
I've also known quite a few people who really don't bring anything discernible to the table but have a couple cards in their hands that allow them to just skate through life. They might run through employees, friends, girlfriends or whatever but it never slows them down. If you were say, left a bunch of property or houses, how hard are you really gonna have to work? Not at all, you're going to make everyone else work and everyone else pay you. I've also noticed many business' that are so poorly run that they shouldn't exist but say, if a bar can sell enough liquor, it's going to do well no matter how many idiots are working there. That is a case of vice really sustaining things. Illegal drugs is a billion dollar business but most of the people who made it work are morons who are too lazy and stupid to do things properly, the shit basically sells itself.

I beat the shit out of myself a lot and one is the reasons why I do it because I took a lot of mockery and bullying at school and at home. I loved in a culture of cuntishness, where mockery and degradion for a laugh was the norm. Even when someone helped me, there would always be a snide remark about me being useless. I can't remember a time when I was encouraged or even praised as a kid. Because of this, even giving gifts or doing charity seems frightenly double-edged.

A child should be positively encouraged to be hands on, and showed opportunities for potential passions that could lead to lucrative, loved careers. If mistakes are made, the focus should be on fixing it and if they can't, it should be seen as okay to ask for help. It's not entitlement, but creating a positive, independent and occasionally inter-dependent human being.

Here's a quote that sums it up for me: "if you overthink it, you missed an opportunity for a leg kick"

Blaming stuff on the inside or the outside. I wonder which one I do more often.

I've also known quite a few people who really don't bring anything discernible to the table but have a couple cards in their hands that allow them to just skate through life. They might run through employees, friends, girlfriends or whatever but it never slows them down. If you were say, left a bunch of property or houses, how hard are you really gonna have to work? Not at all, you're going to make everyone else work and everyone else pay you.

Wait, you know Donald Trump!?!?
<23>

Wait, you know Donald Trump!?!?
<23>
no, but met or known lots of people who inherited a business, a property or a sum of money and went ahead and basked in the fortune while claiming or behaving as though they did it all themselves. And, I've known people (some of the same ones) who were somehow able to convince others to do all their dirty work for peanuts which just reinforced the entitlement. As for me, I try to limit how much these people manipulate me which is really a bitch because if they see any worth, they'll ride the shit out of me and give little to nothing in return. It's really just the American way. People get emotional about it but it's stupid.

Huh. I always thought I did give myself the benefit of the doubt, but now that I think about it, I was wrong to do that.

Back