Most possible zombie movie.

johnyboy

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I was curious to see what movie, book, tv show or other form of media had the most realistic storyline about how the zombie apocalypse would go down?

Also if you were to come up with your own scenario what would it be?

Last edited:
I like 28 Days/weeks later. Not sure how possible those scenarios would be but I like those two the best.

I would say the most probable scenario in the movies I've seen would be 28 Days later. The rage virus is basically a mutated/engineered form of the rabies virus. If the rabies virus was able progress without paralyzing the victim you would have a rage zombie.

The upcoming game The Last of Us also proposes a potentially realistic scenario in that the cordyceps fungus can turn insects into "zombies" and if it were able to be tailored to affect mammals it could very well cause a zombie pandemic.

28 Days Later. Ebola and Filovirus disease already cause mental problems in a lot of patients. The virus could easily be modified by some twisted scientists in order to create specific symptoms, both psychological and somatic.

Scary shiet.

I would have to say 28 Days Later also.

The other zombie movies and the way their infection works just doesn't make sense unless it's supernatural in nature.

The book "world war z". Looks like the movie made a mess of it though. Pockets of survivors that eventually get organized. Great read.

Rise of the Zombies. Parasitic bacteria takes control of the living cells and Geordi La Forge ftw!

The book "world war z". Looks like the movie made a mess of it though. Pockets of survivors that eventually get organized. Great read.

if you liked world war z, read the day by day armageddon series. it is in the same format, diary entries, but follows one group of survivors as they try to survive a hostile, zombie ridden world.

as far as original topic, i also have to go with 28 days later.

if you liked world war z, read the day by day armageddon series. it is in the same format, diary entries, but follows one group of survivors as they try to survive a hostile, zombie ridden world.

as far as original topic, i also have to go with 28 days later.

Thanks, I have been meaning to check that one out.
Movies are tough, 28 days later seems a little more plausible than Romero's unexplained dead coming back to life scenario. Although Diary of the Dead depicts a believable progression of the zombie apocalypse without ever really explaining how the zombies came to be.

Dead%2BSnow.jpg

I liked the fact that humans had to go underwater to fight zombies that had just walked into the ocean.

28 days later, infection plus some sort of rabbies.

Romero zombies are too slow too really cause a fast apocalypse like they did from Night to Dawn, I mean in the movies every human has a kill ratio of at least 5 to 1, so it just not realistic that Zombies will overtake humanity in a couple of weeks.

The remake of Dawn is more possible because of the fast zombies, but the whole thing that dead peple became super fast atlethes is too BS to be plausible.

So 28 days later wins.

28 Days Later gets my vote. So does Walking Dead, they show the panic that would occur and how that would help the spread of the virus. Government forces killing people or conducting forced quarantine would spread the virus quicker.

I don't agree with the aspect that the government would play the super secret "let's see how we can use this virus" angle. I think the government would absolutely prioritize survival and rescuing people. So that puts Dawn of the Dead out or Resident Evil or stories of the like.

I liked the angle in Walking Dead that the virus has affected everyone already, bites accelerate the activation but you are a zombie when you die regardless of whether you die by zombie bite or not.

The most realistic story depicting it would probably be I Am Legend. 90% of the population dies by infection alone and the small percentage that live are killed by the remaining that become 'actively infected'. And also that they don't become 'undead zombies' but just a different species altogether.

This gives 28 Days/Weeks later a good vote too. I wish they would make 28 Months Later already :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back