Most Underappreciated or Underrated Female Manager Or Valet

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Woman (Nancy Benoit) was amazing. She was as beautiful as any woman in the business and she was smart too. She was also great at showing genuine emotion such as when The NWO did a sneak attack on the WCW wrestlers (the night Nash threw Rey Mysterio into the side f a trailer headfirst like he was a dart). That night The NWO beat up some members of The 4 Horsemen who she was with at that time and Arn Anderson was particularly badly beaten up and Woman was hysterical, actually crying, and incredibly believable. She was the same way the night in ECW when Tommy Dreamer "blinded" her wrestler - The Sandman.

The first time I ever saw her was in the Robin Green angle in WCW where she went by that name, did everything she could to hide her beauty, and acted like she had a crush on Rick Steiner. They had a fun angle where Rick Steienr and Robin Green started dating and eventually she revealed herself to be Woman. She and Misst Hyatt would both accompany The Steiners to the rings and there were some vignettes with Woman and Missy (when Missy was still hot). Eventually Woman turned on The Stainers and introduced her tag team - Doom - to try to destroy The Steiners.

No hot woman in wrestling who could compare to Woman in looks had Woman's mic skills and acting skills. The one who came the closest was Sunny when Sunny was in her prime. Sunny became a huge star though, many times wore popular than Woman ever was so I call Woman the most under appreciated/underrated female manager/valet in wrestling history.

Woman is never going to get her due, mostly because you can't talk about her without bringing up her murder.

Sunny was overrated, basically deserves credit for being a sexy valet a year before the WWF went all in on sexy valets. She wasn't much of a manager, wasn't much of a character, never did much more than prance around in tiny tights. I was blown away by her as a 9 year old, but by the early 2000s, they had 10 better looking women doing the same thing, only better.

Woman as the original manager of Doom, was a great angle. Much to my surprise as a mark, when the two burly, muscular black wrestlers unmasked, it was RON SIMMONS AND BUTCH REED ALL ALONG! Also known as the only two burly, muscular black guys not named Tony Atlas wrestling in the NWA at the time. Huge shock.

Even as well respected as she is, I still dont think Sherri Martel gets enough credit. Just as tough as most of the boys (per shoot interviews) she was a heat magnet who could whip a crowd into a frenzy. Putting her with a wrestler made them an instantly hated heel. Sorely missed.

On the flip side, and its just my IMHO Ms. Elizabeth is terribly overrated. I understand she was really just a valet and eye candy, but she was really there to just to help create angles - Savage/Flair, Savage/Hogan by her mere presence. I never felt like she actually contributed much.

hqdefault.jpg

Lana was doing a decent job as a manager until Rusev got a haircut

Vicki Guerrero if she counts. Lana^ (the original) is a great pick too.
anigif_enhanced-8963-1427679171-13.gif

This woman is perfect physically. in that respect, the most underappreciated woman in wwf/wwe history

maxresdefault.jpg

+1 for Sherri Martel

1) Managed DiBiase, Flair, Macho Man, Harlem Heat, and HBK at sone of their heeliest.

2) Dat ass

3) She could take a bump (and not just for a chick, either)
tumblr_nj07z0XYvV1tihmddo1_400.gif

rcEiVmp.gif

I'll show some support for Woman. When she used to scream bloody murder when Flair was getting beat was great. Such a simple thing that hadn't been done before.

Also +1 for Sensational Sherri. Worked with the greats because she knew how to do her job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back