Most violent, brutal and gory game you ever played?

Again its about what it gets out of me as a player. Whatever is the most intense moment in any other fps is the normal pace in which doom operates. Running in and tearing guys apart w your bare hands is the mere opening of hostilies in any given level to try and get health up to snuff.

Barely having enough ammo or energy,still needing to kill to get more. Every single enemy able to follow you wherever you go. Itll bring out the devil in you to win a tough battle hahaha. Thats why i pick it as number one. I can lose at the very end of a 20 min fight and cant wait to try again.

Theres no time for sublety. Its too fast paced for that,its pure violence. Cant ask for anything more.

Except Doom Eternal. Can ask for that.
Word, in other games you get low on health and out of ammo, you go run and hide and wait for health to creep back up, or go running back to old areas looking for ammo pick ups and health pick ups.

In 2016, you are out of ammo about to die.
You NEED to RUN TO the FIGHT and KILL

Reason I'd put DOOM over MK9 and on is because the violence is never ending. You're constantly ripping and tearing whereas MK's most brutal moments are just that, a moment.

Doom is quite stylized/comical though

Word, in other games you get low on health and out of ammo, you go run and hide and wait for health to creep back up, or go running back to old areas looking for ammo pick ups and health pick ups.

In 2016, you are out of ammo about to die.
You NEED to RUN TO the FIGHT and KILL
Those rune challenges are more fun and are better than most games. The one where you have only one energy and you have to kill 10 guys before the timer. That is hi octane high stakes gameplay at its finest.

Those rune challenges are more fun and are better than most games. The one where you have only one energy and you have to kill 10 guys before the timer. That is hi octane high stakes gameplay at its finest.
The one where it’s in an almost maze with some levels up and down stairs?

That one drove me nuts I was always running out of people to kill and looking for them when the timer would run out.

I had to do it over and over and over again trying different routes to constantly be killing and not too much distance between kills to cover.

The rune challenges were great.

The one where it’s in an almost maze with some levels up and down stairs?

That one drove me nuts I was always running out of people to kill and looking for them when the timer would run out.

I had to do it over and over and over again trying different routes to constantly be killing and not too much distance between kills to cover.

The rune challenges were great.
most of them are like that,but this one,you only have 1% energy. So you have to constantly pick up armor pieces (you cant get anymore health) and have to basically beat a Pinkie with 10 seconds left. Those things take so many hits to die,and its easy to get stuck against a wall or fall off the stage when that thing charges you. It took me about an hour to beat it,but it was the most glorious hour ever.

No current game brings out the feels for pure fucking violence like 2016 played on Ultra Violence I’ve found today

Dont nobody be askin me nothin,bout nothin,when Doom Eternal come out. Wont be postin shit cos ill be doin shit.
Oh man, you guys are making me want to do another playthrough of 2016. That game was the fucking tits.

I honestly don't think I've ever laughed out of sheer excitement as much as I have in that game. Once you get everything upgraded, you just fly around those levels literally tearing everything the fuck apart.

The perfect description I heard was something like this; In Dark Souls, you're trapped in a level with a bunch of demons. In DOOM, they're trapped in there with you.

Oh man, you guys are making me want to do another playthrough of 2016. That game was the fucking tits.

I honestly don't think I've ever laughed out of sheer excitement as much as I have in that game. Once you get everything upgraded, you just fly around those levels literally tearing everything the fuck apart.

The perfect description I heard was something like this; In Dark Souls, you're trapped in a level with a bunch of demons. In DOOM, they're trapped in there with you.
Exact.

I have to say,im an old school gamer. I really hate alot of games taking forever to let you do anything and holding your hand the whole time. Doom is everything i could ever ask for.

Probably the punisher game for the original Xbox console. After a prolonged progressive gun battle (across an actually pretty well contained and interactive map for it's time but I digress), you had to go up to the main baddie and interrogate him then you had to press x over and over repeatedly to 'execute' him and the methods varried with different maps. I'm a console generation removed from the game now and I doubt it can play on an Xbox One but you bet your ass I still own that Punisher game. That's a sick game in terms of graphics etc.

How do I not remeber there being a man hunt 2??

It wasn't that good and it was heavily censored even though hacks removed the filters and restored most of the executions. Some were discovered later.

Yall ever set someone on fire in Postal 2....

Anyone remember the old FMV horror games like Phantasmagoria?

*WARNING GRAPHIC*

Waxworks was a good one back in the day

Last edited:
most of them are like that,but this one,you only have 1% energy. So you have to constantly pick up armor pieces (you cant get anymore health) and have to basically beat a Pinkie with 10 seconds left. Those things take so many hits to die,and its easy to get stuck against a wall or fall off the stage when that thing charges you. It took me about an hour to beat it,but it was the most glorious hour ever.
I did them all, I think the pinkies one was easier to me for some reason? Been a long time since I ran through the rune challenges though

How do I not remeber there being a man hunt 2??

It kind of got fucked over. IIRC, it had an initial release all set, with a decent amount of hype. Then it got threatened with an AO rating, so they delayed it, and delayed it, and then finally threw a censored version out there. By the time it got released, people either forgot about it, or didn't want to play a dumbed down version of it.

It was really just a scapegoat game, that politicians and the media latched onto for their moral posturing about violent videogames. I believe it happened right around the time of the "Hot Coffee" scandal, so it ran into a hostile atmosphere and got fucked.

I did them all, I think the pinkies one was easier to me for some reason? Been a long time since I ran through the rune challenges though
The enemies i hate the most are the rocket pack guys who shoot missles and those cursed flying skulls. By themselves its not so bad but when theres like 3 of them with other enemies around ugh.

also the two pinkies at the same time is a fuckin pain

The enemies i hate the most are the rocket pack guys who shoot missles and those cursed flying skulls. By themselves its not so bad but when theres like 3 of them with other enemies around ugh.

also the two pinkies at the same time is a fuckin pain
Cursed Souls(the skulls) are just a pain in the ass in general, Revenants (rocket pack assholes) are fucking assholes.

Especially in some levels of doom 2 where there are fuck tons of them in packs and they are all grouped up.
Or if there is a damn revivor(can’t remeber those assholes names atm) behind them and keep bringing them back as you are knocking them down, especially in some parts of plutonia.

And if you do the doom challenge(pistol start, UV NO BFG) on map 32 Go To It, those assholes will get in the back of a pack and it’s everythjng you can do to mow shit down quick enough to get to them.

Civvie, from watching some of his game play, can’t do some of the doom challenges like me , altama mantiod and the bronie do

Cursed Souls(the skulls) are just a pain in the ass in general, Revenants (rocket pack assholes) are fucking assholes.

Especially in some levels of doom 2 where there are fuck tons of them in packs and they are all grouped up.
Or if there is a damn revivor(can’t remeber those assholes names atm) behind them and keep bringing them back as you are knocking them down, especially in some parts of plutonia.

And if you do the doom challenge(pistol start, UV NO BFG) on map 32 Go To It, those assholes will get in the back of a pack and it’s everythjng you can do to mow shit down quick enough to get to them.

Civvie, from watching some of his game play, can’t do some of the doom challenges like me , altama mantiod and the bronie do
Oh god, pistol starting Doom 1 and 2 levels is just an annoyance and more tedious than any kind of challenge.

I’ve been pistol starting the master levels on Doom 2 because that’s how they’re set up and once you pick up a shotgun you’re right back in it.

You have this weird hardon for civvie now lol. He’s not doing challenge runs. He reviews old and new FPS games. That’s it.

Oh god, pistol starting Doom 1 and 2 levels is just an annoyance and more tedious than any kind of challenge.

I’ve been pistol starting the master levels on Doom 2 because that’s how they’re set up and once you pick up a shotgun you’re right back in it.

You have this weird hardon for civvie now lol. He’s not doing challenge runs. He reviews old and new FPS games. That’s it.
yeah using the pistol aint no fuin at all

I remember this arcade game came out around 1992 around the same time as Mortal Kombat. It was pretty gory for the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back