Motor Racing 2023

That tire at Indy 500 almost killed loads of people. Holy shit. A few feet lower and we have a tragedy.

I saw the tire hit in the parking lot in the background on one of the replays. I suspect a vehicle or two were destroyed.

It reminded me of an incident back when I worked on a dirt track car. Our car blew a clutch. We saw the pressure plate come out from under the car and the driver coasted into the pit which was between turn two and three. We went back to our pit to load the car. We heard the crowd noise and a few seconds after we got to the car. A tire bounced in the middle of the road about 15 feet from us and went higher than the light poles on the bounce in the dark. We heard it land on the county road on the second bounce and it headed into the swamp. That was a 10 inch wide Hoosier dirt track tire on a steel bead lock wheel. It would have done some damage.

Charlotte Cup Race rained out yet?
forecast didn't look good last time I checked.

The national weather service forecast doesn't look good;
Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 5pm. Areas of fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 59. North wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Right.
Looks like more rain for the next few days as well.
Wonder what Nascar will do.

I saw the tire hit in the parking lot in the background on one of the replays. I suspect a vehicle or two were destroyed.

It reminded me of an incident back when I worked on a dirt track car. Our car blew a clutch. We saw the pressure plate come out from under the car and the driver coasted into the pit which was between turn two and three. We went back to our pit to load the car. We heard the crowd noise and a few seconds after we got to the car. A tire bounced in the middle of the road about 15 feet from us and went higher than the light poles on the bounce in the dark. We heard it land on the county road on the second bounce and it headed into the swamp. That was a 10 inch wide Hoosier dirt track tire on a steel bead lock wheel. It would have done some damage.

No pictures of the car?

I found one.
Car-hit-by-tire.jpg

Last edited:
Well they managed to get 25 laps of the Xfinity race in this morning.

Denny Hamlin and Chase Elliott with an altercation Monday. Hamlin slid up into Chase so Chase hooked him and wrecked both of them.

Bubba Wallace isn't as tough when he's not pushing around pocket person Larson. Funny how he didn't get tough until that guy got between them.

NASCAR slammed Stewart-Haas racing with the biggest penalty yet for using NACA duct that wasn't made by the approved supplier. Zipadelli claims it was a quality control lapse but why would they even have a part not from the approved supplier?

The penalty is -120 points and -25 playoff points and suspended the crew chief for six races.

Asked how the piece could have aided performance, Sawyer said Wednesday: “Knowing the race team mentality, they don’t do things that would not be a benefit to them in some way, shape or form from a performance advantage.”
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2023/0...-chase-briscoe-team-for-charlotte-infraction/

Q1 and Q2 have been all over the place for a pretty much dry session. I get the feeling that the mixed FP3 has caught a lot of teams/drivers out.

Gasly gets 6 place grid penalty. Should be a straight forward race for max. Didn’t seem to break a sweat. And his teammate just looks awful.

Gasly gets 6 place grid penalty. Should be a straight forward race for max. Didn’t seem to break a sweat. And his teammate just looks awful.

Perez wasn't willing to follow team orders so Red Bull made certain that he can't beat Max.

I'm watching the NASCAR Xfinity race from the road course in Portland Oregon. They changed the pit stop rules so everybody has to pit at the stage break. All of the cars get parked on pit road. Then there is a timed stop to change tires and add fuel and the cars leave pit road in the same order that they entered. It takes away the strategy that many teams used to stop before the stage ends so they end up ahead of the cars that pit at the stage break. Now the race has been turned into a parade.

Perez wasn't willing to follow team orders so Red Bull made certain that he can't beat Max.
I mean. Red bull made it clear back in the seb/Webber days they wanted a number one driver like Ferrari and Schumacher. It’s helmut. So I don’t think Perez is given an equal car. That’s also the reason that ricciardo left. He felt he was a better driver and was asked to be the number two.
I also think though that Perez folds under pressure a lot. So he helps red bull out.

No penalty Russel.
Pff, what a joke.
Mercedes mafia

Back