Mountain Dew vs. Mellow Yellow

Cherry Brigand

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I believe that if there is a drink on tap in Heaven's throne room, it is Mountain Dew. It is the only soda I drink with any frequency (limited to two per week), and pairs nicely with a variety of cuisines, especially Mexican and Pizza (and probably Mexican Pizza). It is also a must for any Taco Bell excursion - original only, all other flavors are blasphemy. It gets two snaps up in z formation.

Mellow Yellow, I bought on sale, for a party, but had a few leftover. It does not even approximate the flavor of MD, has a far harsher bouquet, and has a carbonated aftertaste that actually burns as it goes down. It gets double thumbs down.

What are your thoughts on this important topic?

FUCK Mountain Dew. That Code Red shit made me throw up back in day when I was smoking with my cousin for the first time. Awful worst shit ever.

Mello Yello was cool in the 80s. Mountain Dew was 90s and we called it "Panther Piss." We also loved Jolt Cola in high school. Now, you couldn't pay me to drink any of that crap.

I haven't had Mellow Yellow since I was a kid but the name just sounds like something you'd name your piss. Mountain Dew is awful. I like Coke and Sierra Mist, Dr Pepper is ok.

Neither. Both contain more sugar than any other soda.

But if I really had to.. Diet Double Dew… Dew the math.
B8F44AA0-DFE1-42B4-AD77-18201F185536.jpg

I can't imagine a situation where I would drink either one.

pairs nicely with a variety of cuisines, especially Mexican and Pizza (and probably Mexican Pizza).

I prefer my cuisines made with mountain dew.

images

images

I worked with a kid that walked into work with, and consumed, a 12 pack of Mountain Dew every day. He ended up dying. That was more likely do to tweaking. The guy's mother rolled into work one day and started handing out these Xeroxed copies of a photo collage with her son. She was under the firm belief that Mountain Dew killed him. They ended up having to tell the mother she couldn't hang around the workplace all day talking to people.

Mellow Yellow is the GOAT citrus pop.

Back