Movie Date - How soon is too soon?

Te Huna Matata

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I like to avoid movies on dates because it doesn't give you a chance to talk and you're staring at the screen and not the other party. It's not intimate at all. But eventually, after some time, it makes for a nice date as it's a no pressure, spending time together activity. So after how many dates do you think it's not awkward to go for the movie date?

Recently single (29m) and going through a divorce. Been dating now for about 6 months with decent success. Finally met someone who I feel I could have a real relationship with. We've had 2 dates thus far and we talked about getting together this week as well. I'm wondering if it's too soon to go for the movie date.

Third date seems like perfect timing, but follow up with drinks/late dinner afterward.

I should mention I haven't dated in 20 years, so I'm not one to be giving advice.

Third date seems like perfect timing, but follow up with drinks/late dinner afterward.

I should mention I haven't dated in 20 years, so I'm not one to be giving advice.

This is solid advise. Even on the drinks after. Keep the night flowing for drinks, and you'll have plenty to talk about as well. It's a recipe for success.

About the 4th date. 3rd maybe. I can honestly say I've never gone on a movie date with a woman I haven't already banged.

All I know is that you can't go on the movie date too soon, and you can't do it too late. If you don't hit your window at the exact right moment, your date runs the risk of turning into a gremlin and then you'll have to marry her and by gremlin custom, she will murder you on your wedding night depending on whether the movie was any good.

3rd or 4th sounds reasonable.

I have no idea.... but congrates on successful re-entry into the dating scene.

I've been married for 12 years and wouldn't look forward to getting back into it.

But Hey!! I still got it and could do it! ... Right?

I've had some great 1st dates at the movies.

I don't think there are any rules.

You think too much. Just go with the flow and be yourself.

When you're with the right person, almost nothing is awkward. If it doesn't work out, then it probably shouldn't.

I don't think there are any rules.
redcard.jpg

Could be a first date if you're going to dinner or drinks after. At least that way you have something to talk about.

I prefer movies on the first or second date. Gives you a common interest to discuss and skips the "here's my life resume" stage.

Also if a girl can't form coherent sentences about the movie she just saw, she's not for me.

3rd date is fine. I met a girl a few months ago and we did drinks first date, dinner second and movie third. We also banged after the movie so that was nice.

newbie mistake. NEVER take a date to the movies.dinner than a walk is much better. dinner, so you can feel each other's energy face to face. walk, so you can make a move. a few drinks at the bar would help break the ice as well. take your girlfriend to the movies, it's okay, but NEVER a date especially if you're trying to get to know her.

Last edited:
Back