Movies Movie Review sites you trust

I only know imdb and check that.

Where do Sherdoggers like to go for film ratings/reviews besides RT & IMDB?

Why do you like the sites you suggest?

I don't trust sites, because they could suddenly fire the reviewers that made their website trustworthy and hire a bunch of sensitive idiots.

I trust a few people on YouTube because they've put their face and reputation behind each review. I may disagree with a few aspects of their opinions but I don't require universal agreement with perspectives I value... I just require their reviews to be honest and well thought out.

I have 2 youtube movie review guys that i watch, Chris stuckman and cody leach. Although stuckman quit doing negative reviews a couple years ago. He just made his first film and wants to continue to grow as a writer/director and potentially working with studios so he said that he wont even do movie reviews if its not going to be positive. But he does do a great job of diving into the films and I find his videos informative. Cody leach will rip movies and i often times dont agree with some of his takes but I respect his opinion.

Ebert for the movies that came out before his death. They still have other people reviewing stuff after 2013 but I dont give two titty fucks about those.

Last edited:
IMDB is probably the most reliable imo. I usually check the ratings there to see if it's worthwhile to watch a particular film or TV show.

Reactions: TCE
If I’m researching a film I’m interested in I’ll reference multiple reviews. From rotten tomatoes to IMDb to metacritic and a few YouTubers I trust. I find that for the most part if a movie is bad or good all of these sources will be in agreement. But that’s just research due to curiosity, if I wanna see a film I’ll see it regardless of anyone else’s opinion.

Last edited:
FlickConnection.

Darren Van Dam on YT.

His taste is pretty compatible with what I like and he has sufficient flavor for kind of fucked up movies as well as more normal picks. And I like that he does picks for all the streaming services so I know where I can go check out a film if his pitch is interesting to me.

Pop film criticism is all but dead. There's some good independent people out there doing stuff on IMDB, MUBI, and YouTube. Just gotta dig through the shit.

Outside of the platforms like IMDB, Metacritic, Rottentomatoes and Letterboxd, I usually align pretty well with Dan Murrell's reviews, and appreciate Chris Stuckman as a real movie fan as well.

One of the last reviews I remember watching was Richard Roeper laying into a Chelsea Handler film, perhaps a decade ago.

He was incredulous that Handler was a top biller at the time. Reading between the lines, it was reasonable to believe that Roeper was internally questioning what he was doing with his life watching such films, let alone reviewing them.

Last edited:
IMDb is pretty good for anything that's not produced by Amazon

Back