movies where you had low expectations but were surprised with how good they were

X-Men First Class - a 4th film in the series, new cast, new director, period piece, less popular characters in larger roles... Every sign pointed to disaster. Instead they put out a fantastic genre bending cold war era spy thriller that is IMO second only to Logan in the X-Men franchise.

The Planet of the Apes trilogy made champagne out of dumpster juice. Or maybe not champagne, but something pretty good.

MV5BY2I4ZDcxMDctZTkwZC00YWFmLTkxZDQtZGNkYTQ5YTlmZWI0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIzOTk5ODM@._V1_.jpg

its one of arnold's best

I love Arnold. Have multiple copies of his books, and keep one in my gym. Have watched Pumping Iron dozens of times.

But Arnold's "best" is still far worse than most leading men. But I really liked Total Recall. I always assumed it was a dumb movie but I was wrong for sure.

I love Arnold. Have multiple copies of his books, and keep one in my gym. Have watched Pumping Iron dozens of times.

But Arnold's "best" is still far worse than most leading men. But I really liked Total Recall. I always assumed it was a dumb movie but I was wrong for sure.
do you not like terminator and predator?

I expected Edge of Tomorrow to be decent and it was great.

Spanglish and Click are a pair of Adam Sandler movies where I didn't expect much and was quite pleasantly surprised.

I expected an average sports movie in Invincible with Mark Wahlberg but it was much better than that.

Warrior. There had never been a decent MMA movie so I expected total dog shit.

I had the same experience with Dredd.

Warrior is a great example. Shit got me choked up and that’s very rare.

also even though its not a movie, ill have to say i did not have high expectations for cobra kai at all but it turned out to be pretty awesome

I'd agree significantly better than I expected. Always the uncertainty with Gibson really, like Cage he clearly does have the potential to make good films along with very forgettable ones.

I don't watch reviews before I watch a movie so my initial expectations don't lineup with press reviews.

Deadpool: Was worried the trailer will be the only good part, but it overall delivered the promise of the trailer.
Logan: After being disappointed by Apocalypse as well as wolverine origin, I had reasons to be worried, movie was obviously very good.
Edge of Tomorrow: Was expecting a run of the mill action sci-fi. Turn out to be one of my favourite Tom Cruise movie.

Back