Shoop MS PAINT V4 VOTING THREAD <RED THREAD>

7 votes total between the two threads. Not 7 votes per thread. You can change your votes.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I honestly don't care what place I end up in or who's using what as long as they're within the rools. The reward of the art is in the making of the art itself... not the result of a contest. Don't get me wrong, I love it when my shoop gets attention, but I don't need that in order to compete.

Honest question... have you ever used a sketch pad to make an MS Paint?

The reason that I ask is that I wonder if people's imaginations are doing this work of exaggerating the benefit where a hands on experience would tell them otherwise. Maybe people have used it in a different program that allowed pressure & they're mixing in the benifit they saw with that other program... but this competition doesn't allow pressure sensitivity. You're simply using a stick instead of a mouse.

@Arqueto had a sketch pad right there & ready to go, but after doing one character that way, he switched to mouse & did the rest like that. I'm not sure why he would've done that if the pen was so much mightier.

I too am just here for the memes lol. Yes I have used a draw pad, yes it is very different. The fact that you act like it isn't makes me question if you have ever actually compared drawing by hand to a cursor. There is a reason you want to use a drawpad vs a cursor lol.

"You are simply using a stick instead of a mouse." EXACTLY

and back to my question that you ever so readily ignored. If you have two artists, one has a stick and the other has a rock, would you consider them to be on an even field in terms of precision, shaping, etc.?

It's a combination of hard work, dedication, eating a healthy balanced diet and taking a whole bunch of steroids shoving fingers into people's eyes and biting them when the ref isn't looking.

I also may have asked @bigwaverider a couple of million questions along the way and that certainly helped a bit.
haha... yeah, that really helps having a great resource like that at your disposal. I did the same thing.

Brother Rider being there was a big help too... :p

Since there's been so much debate on Mouse Vs Pen I decided to create this little device. It comes with 2 pens which enables you to work twice as fast.

fSGI9QN.png

The fact that you act like it isn't makes me question if you have ever actually compared drawing by hand to a cursor. There is a reason you want to use a drawpad vs a cursor lol.

What might that reason be? I've done every Paint I've ever done with a desktop & a mouse. I guess you missed the part where I said multiple times & that I have never used a drawing pad?

Here'z my latest.
v1BigON.png

Not bad for a fooking mouse yeah? Looks like Friz Freleng himself drew that Yosemite Sam yeah? Took me 20 fooking hours on this shoop but I did that shit.

You're going on like I have an agenda? I'm just gathering data bro. The question has been on the table more than you know. So don't make me out to be no ho. Lets make this discussion grow not go slow. I have no agenda Yo.

haha... sorry I just found out I'm working at Pusha T's house tomorrow & I got "When the Last time" on in the background. :p

We have 2 people in here saying they used MS Paint with their sketch pad for this contest... & both are saying the only difference is speed. @Natural Egg is agreeing with you to an extent but he's also digressed to seeing that all that stuff can be done with a mouse as well.

Honestly you seem to be saying the same thing. You're saying it's easier. Not that it isn't possible. You're also saying that a pro artist who's used to a pen can use a pen easier. I say fine... let him use what's easier for him... teh fook do I care. You saw my first attempt at drawing with a pen in MS Paint yeah?

Pen Mouse.png

(for the record pen & paper are a better show.. lol. just so you know bro. :p)

Yes I have used a draw pad,

Please tell me exactly how much experience you have with MS Paint with a draw pad. "With MS Paint" being the key factor.

I'm wondering exactly how much experience you have had because maybe your sketch pad experience didn't exactly compare to this situation we have in these contests. honestly, I'm kind of wondering why would you ever use MS Paint for your medium when it's so limited? So I wouldn't mind an explanation for the circumstances you were using it under. Point being if you were using "pressure sensitivity & programs with smoothing features etc".... you may be remembering different advantages being had with a pen rather than the much more reduced advantages that are available in MS Paint. (Your shading example would be one particular thing that's WAY more advantagious with a pressure sensitive sketch pad.)

That's why I'm asking about your specific experience.

Arq only made his Jones with the pen... he then sat it down & did the rest with a mouse. If the pen is such an advantage then why didn't he finish up his shoop with the pen?

@bigwaverider & @HughPhug also use mouse. not bad yeah?
jyC9w49.png

p3X8mL2.png

Phug is teh hulk of Paint doing that with a mouse.

Look at that fooking blind mice fur. That aint' no bullshit. Especially the right side... zoom in & look at that shit. That's legit. He even got multiple colors on a single strand of hair on the head of that blind meese.

Teh fook are we complaining about people using a sketch pad when we got people putting out quality like this with a mouse?

I'm not trying to put you back in a corner... I think we just took a left turn at Albuquerque. (pun intended from last Sat's card.) Pressure sensitivity was mentioned as the key advantage to the sketch pad. As you mentioned, I'm sure a typical artist will enjoy the positioning of a pen better, but that doesn't necessarily give him an advantage.

You mentioned that shading could go faster with a pen, but nobody's arguing it's faster. It's still completely doable with a mouse yeah? Look at this shading rider did on the last contest with a mouse.

geAzoRL.png

go through that thread... people thought he photo shopped that mutha fucka. He did it in MS Paint with a fooking Mouse Boiy!!

<GinJuice>

and back to my question that you ever so readily ignored. If you have two artists, one has a stick and the other has a rock, would you consider them to be on an even field in terms of precision, shaping, etc.?

Readily ignored? You got me all wrong bro. I thought your question was rhetorical & Metaphorical, I ain't no oracle. You gotta explain yourself pictorical not allegorical.

Lets do this though. Are we talking a bout a rock with a point on it? otherwise it's not a fair comparison, because you can navigate the mouse with precise placement. However if you have a round rock with no point, then you cannot make a sharp line.

So my final analysis after carefully studying your example here is that comparing a rock & a stick in the sand is not a fair comparison to a mouse & a sketchpad pen.

Now if the rock has a sharp point on the end, but maybe it's a little bit bulkier to hold than the stick, then we have a fair comparison. I'd say that I can draw anything with that rock as I can with the stick.

...though it may be more comfortable with the stick.

Last edited:
I too am just here for the memes lol. Yes I have used a draw pad, yes it is very different. The fact that you act like it isn't makes me question if you have ever actually compared drawing by hand to a cursor. There is a reason you want to use a drawpad vs a cursor lol.
As someone who has a graphics tablet, it's so bizarre that this is even being debated. Of course it's much easier to draw with a stylus/tablet. That's why they exist and people buy them, lol. Even without pressure sensitivity, it's a huuuuge difference. It's like night and day, and that's just me with my shitty cheap tablet. I honestly recommend one for anyone here, even just for shooping or sketching.

Arq only made his Jones with the pen... he then sat it down & did the rest with a mouse. If the pen is such an advantage then why didn't he finish up his shoop with the pen?

I didn't make the Jones shoop with the pen just the rough sketch. I used a mouse and the line tools to do all the linework on Jones the lines are way cleaner and more accurate than drawing with a pen.

I'm totally in favor of using drawing tablets in the paint competition. There is nothing you can do with a pen in Paint, that you can't with a mouse, because Paint doesn't uses pen pressure.

Edit: I forgot to answer sooner, my entry was made totally with a tablet. Even my shoops i do with the tablet.

These are the best faces a drew on Photoshop and in Paint

lQyRWNs.jpg

NJvI0lb.jpg

In paint you can't blend color, so i tried to do cross hatching.

Event update 2-22-20 by BWR
First ever Shoop Off!!!

We had a 3 way tie for 20th place. Since the top 20 will advance to the Final Round there will be a one round "Shoop Off" for UFC Fight Night: Felder vs. Hooker Feb 22, 2020. The same rules will apply. Their entries till be submitted this Tues, 02-25-20, and voting will last 3 days. The Shoop Off be held in Shoopville and not the Heavies.

These are the contestants for the Shoop Off:
20. - Blue 05. @Zebra Cheeks - 11 votes - tie
- Red 08. @true_fan - 11 votes - tie
- Red 10. @ZOD66 - 11 votes - tie

Good luck. You are all winners! (Except the ones that eventually lose.)

To be completely frank and blunt about the truth, if u use any form of tracing(which I can detect a mile away) then you should be banned completely from this site! It’s not only cheating but also betrayal to all of the real artists who are in it to test their skills and expressions. If u agree with me then you’re the true artists!

Back