Muay Thai: Olympic status confirmed [2016]

-guerilla-

Founder of the Louisville fight club est..1993
Banned
Reaction score
The Chinese were trying to get Sanda into the Olympics . Latest update is they’re go for wushu instead . They should allow some form of kickboxing
As long it’s not American kickboxing lol

The Chinese were trying to get Sanda into the Olympics . Latest update is they’re go for wushu instead . They should allow some form of kickboxing
As long it’s not American kickboxing lol
at the 2010 Sports Accord games they just called Sanda Wushu but then they also had team Wushu that was dancing with weapons. Anuwat competed in the Sanda event under his his real name I forget how good he did I know he one atleast one by KO.

i hope muay thai doesnt make it to the olympics. olympics is a giant scam and some of the hardest working athletes gets paid the least amount of money.

i hope muay thai doesnt make it to the olympics. olympics is a giant scam and some of the hardest working athletes gets paid the least amount of money.
Do the Thai govermnet give money if medals are won in the Olympics?
I know the top Russian athletes get good money from the government

Do the Thai govermnet give money if medals are won in the Olympics?
I know the top Russian athletes get good money from the government
i heard iranian wrestlers get paid well too american wrestlers dont make any money compared to iranian wrestlers

Goodness, I wonder why not the Kyokushin?

Mostly because Kyokushin is divided into too many organizations which most of the time can't even cooperate with one another so it's a more complicated process. If Kyokushin had been united it would have had a much higher chance.

Because true karate is Shotokan ryu, Goju ryu, Wado ryu, Shito ryu, ecc.

Define "true".

If you think the Kumite one can see at the WKF events and that you'll now see at the Olympics with 2 guys hopping in front of each others for ages until one touches the other to score with a big scream and get the fight reset is "true" Karate, I don't know what to tell you. There's nothing traditional about it and it's essentially a game of tag, not a fight.

Last edited:
Define "true".
Shotokan is the first ever karate style founded. Here in Europe and Italy kyokushin is not so famous.
Btw I don't like kyokushin, watching two guys in short sleeves gi, throwing kicks on their legs and doing hammer kicks in full contact is not enjoyable for me. Watch and enjoy, this is true karate! Davide Benetello is one of the best Italian karateka ever

Last edited:
Back