Media Multiple fighters admit to fighting with staph infections

UFC has to come down very hard on this to make an example out of them. This is unacceptable.

Funny enough a reporter asked Dana about this at the presser; what they could do to hinder this from happening. And Dana said something along the lines of "If ur gonna lie about an injury, lie all the way home. Don't tell everybody at the post presser" LMAO

UFC has to come down very hard on this to make an example out of them. This is unacceptable.
This is happening for years. Mairbek Taisumov said that back in 2014 he fought with staff against Prazeres and as you can see UFC still refuses to do anything with it.

Damn, she made all of us Sherdog-scumbags agree on something. Is this a first?

Its pretty standard, Costa just wanted out.
So you're saying he gave himself staph and had 3 surgeries to clean it up all so the UFC Dr's wouldnt clear him to fight? That's fucking ingenious.

Disgusting.

Staph can kill you if it gets into your bloodstream.

Staph killed a family member of mine. The person was older and had diabetes which made it a lot worse, but still....staph shouldnt be fucked with and I think a fine or suspension for putting the other fighter at high risk for getting that shit is totally appropriate.

Staph killed a family member of mine. The person was older and had diabetes which made it a lot worse, but still....staph shouldnt be fucked with and I think a fine or suspension for putting the other fighter at high risk for getting that shit is totally appropriate.

Execution for spreading staph should atleast be considered.

So you're saying he gave himself staph and had 3 surgeries to clean it up all so the UFC Dr's wouldnt clear him to fight? That's fucking ingenious.
You don't talk all that shit and pull out like a whore, even a fighter like Strickland agree, it's a bitch move.

yuck-eww.gif
What do you call the emotion she is communicating?!

That’s so gross. I would be pissed off if I was Jinh Yu Frey.

“I have to tell you, this time around I wasn’t able to wrestle, I’ll explain why,” Dudakova said through a translator (transcribed by MMA News). “For the past month, I had staph infection. Actually, my back side, my butt is completely bloodied up right now. I have staph infection in places that is not necessarily okay to announce to the whole world. I was just fighting with the doctors over there, my manager was fighting with the doctors, because they just checked me after the fight and they said ‘Why didn’t you tell us before, because we would’ve had to take you off the fight,’ and I did not want to be taken off the fight. I think after the fight or sometime during the fight, there was an abscess that appeared, and I think now it popped because everything is completely bloodied up.”
what the fuck, that’s disgusting. i would legitimately sue the UFC for that

Such fighters should be punished, IMHO.

It is disgustingly selfish, and not only a concern for their opponent, but to everyone else who has to fight in that cage.

You don't talk all that shit and pull out like a whore, even a fighter like Strickland agree, it's a bitch move.
I personally think Costa brings it on himself and has pulled out too often but in this case, there is a difference between pulling out and the Dr's not clearing him to fight. Why is that so hard to understand?

Yeah other fighters have had to catch staph after that, so gross.

As a father with a son in wrestling & BJJ, this is fucking gross. He sat last year about three weeks why that shit healed. He got it from some dirty fuck like these.

That’s so gross. I would be pissed off if I was Jinh Yu Frey.

“I have to tell you, this time around I wasn’t able to wrestle, I’ll explain why,” Dudakova said through a translator (transcribed by MMA News). “For the past month, I had staph infection. Actually, my back side, my butt is completely bloodied up right now. I have staph infection in places that is not necessarily okay to announce to the whole world. I was just fighting with the doctors over there, my manager was fighting with the doctors, because they just checked me after the fight and they said ‘Why didn’t you tell us before, because we would’ve had to take you off the fight,’ and I did not want to be taken off the fight. I think after the fight or sometime during the fight, there was an abscess that appeared, and I think now it popped because everything is completely bloodied up.”

<Varys01>

Back