MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS (Sequel in the Works)

If you have seen MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
It is a new adaptation from the original book, not a remake. There's a difference.

But I'm sure the ending will be the same, so if you watch an earlier version you'll spoil it for yourself.

I think I'll have to pick up this book. Haven't read a book in almost 15 years. Was thinking about picking up reading again recently.

I think I'll have to pick up this book. Haven't read a book in almost 15 years. Was thinking about picking up reading again recently.

It's only about 250ish pages, to my recollection, so you should be able to read through it pretty quickly. And the story lends itself well to the screen, which I think is why it's been adapted so many times.

Though it's possible that And Then There Were None might be a better introduction to Agatha Christie.

It's only about 250ish pages, to my recollection, so you should be able to read through it pretty quickly. And the story lends itself well to the screen, which I think is why it's been adapted so many times.

Though it's possible that And Then There Were None might be a better introduction to Agatha Christie.

I like the mysterious murder on a train premise. I'm sure she has better books but this trailer caught my attention. I'll definitely check this out first and then check out "And Then There Were None" after.

How's reading a book on an iPad? I can read sherdog for an hour on my phone but can't imagine reading a book for too long on a tablet.

I like the mysterious murder on a train premise. I'm sure she has better books but this trailer caught my attention. I'll definitely check this out first and then check out "And Then There Were None" after.

How's reading a book on an iPad? I can read sherdog for an hour on my phone but can't imagine reading a book for too long on a tablet.

Well if you check it out, come back and let us know. I have a whole thread about Agatha Christie floating around here somewhere.

As for reading a book on an iPad, I couldn't tell you. I always read actual books.

I saw a recent Japanese version and I think it had the same basic story, but not necessarily the same murder technique.

I wonder if this new movie will start a modern Poirot movie franchise.

yeah, he's closer in look to what i thought when i read the books.

This.. they dropped the ball with this new version of him in my opinion.

Hungarian Mustache style 100% and they just considered it cool or something they aren't sticking to the rules and messing it up trying to improve shit.

the-hungarian.jpg
9d1537fbabd52468edcfc927f2c3e519.jpg

Last edited:
And that messy tie from the trailer.. Hercule Poirot will never look that messy.

GOAT right here:

article-2478821-18C6418700000578-157_634x903.jpg

The basics.
- older
- fat
- cane
- mustache
- style and more style, never ever messy
- mannerism

Update: September 8, 2017

Clues Hidden in Plain Sight in the New MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS Poster

Search for more clues on their viral site: CluesAreEverywhere.com

murder-on-the-orient-express-gets-a-new-poster-and-you-have-to-look-for-the-clues1

So fucking hyped for this even though I've already seen two adaptations of it already.

I've been fucking around on the website www.cluesareeverwhere.com but I can't really figure it out.

I really hope this ends up being a financial success.

This is one of my favorite stories of all time.

I read 10 little indians (or and then there were none, whatever) and remember feeling cheated because someone you were told died didn't really die. Kind of turned me off to AC.

Now Hallmark Mystery and Movie channel mystery movies are damn good---no cheats

I read 10 little indians (or and then there were none, whatever) and remember feeling cheated because someone you were told died didn't really die. Kind of turned me off to AC.

Now Hallmark Mystery and Movie channel mystery movies are damn good---no cheats

I read And Then There Were None just a couple of years ago. I do agree that was a bit of a cheat, but it wasn't a dealbreaker for me.

I would recommend that you check out Cards on the Table. That's an easy read and was the book that really got me interested in her work. Crooked House is also good and a film adaptation of that one is underway (see the article in my last post).

BTW, the BBC just did an adaptation of And Then There Were None a couple of years ago. I didn't think it was perfect--a little too dark and sterile, when the tone of the book was more playful--but it wasn't bad either. I liked it well enough.

Blah.

I have read every Poirot story Christie wrote. MOE is the most overrated Poirot caper of them all.

Murder on the Orient Express is a great title and has a great setting. Other than that, meh. One of the more obvious whodunnits Christie wrote.

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd is the GOAT Poirot story imho. That could be an epic movie if done correctly.

It was Miss Scarlett in the study with the candlestick! Oh, it's just the wife? Carry on then.

I was in the cinema for IT last night and the trailer for this came on, two girls behind me were talking and they said:

"Well obviously they could just check the CCTV and mystery solved Hahaha those idiots!'
<mma3><mma3>
<mma3><mma3>

Back