Media MVP praises Adesanya, says skill level between him and DDP is "just different"

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Would you like to see Adesanya vs du Plessis and do you think we will?

Any fight my boi Izzy is in is a fight that I not only wanna see, but I would love to just be there. I was there when he had his comeback fight in Miami, in the audience, and it was just electric.
You know, I went out with them guys afterwards and the energy was, is unexplainable. I can't even imagine how he felt, and that's something I'm gonna attain myself.

How would you see the fight pan out?

Yeah, you know what, he's had a bit of a rough, you know up and down, for last 3-4 fights. But he's just unimaginably exceptional at this craft. And I would never put any money against him
to not win that fight. Especially after watching du Plessis performance that he had last fight, I think he's a tough opponent you know, but it's just that the skill level is just different. I see Izzy taking that.

I don't think anyone would argue that DDP is a more technical or experienced striker than Izzy. There are other factors, though. Izzy is almost 35 and has gone 4-3 in his last 7 fights. He may be past his best days. DDP has strong wrestling/takedowns which can completely change how the fight goes (just the threat of TDs can throw Izzy's game off). DDP can hit very hard and Izzy can be rocked and even finished. I'm not picking a winner. I'm just saying a "Captain Obvious" statement about their kickboxing doesn't mean Izzy will win.

Izzy can 100% tool Duplesis if he shows up in top form.

Duplesis is slow and sloppy. He has a wide arsenal and a little power but he lacks that real technical fight iq and reactionary movement that Izzy has.

Not to say he can’t beat Izzy but Izzy is most definitely the more proven and skilled fighter

MVP got that dog in him.
Different level ...
giphy.gif

golddust-wwe.gif

1709568096379.jpeg
goldust.gif

giphy.gif

2rOnKbx.gif

adesanya_humps_costa_like_dog.0.0.jpg

golddust-wwe.gif

giphy.gif

54LcPA.gif

1709568593636.jpeg

Fighters pick their friends to win, not exactly breaking news.

Izzy's going to be 35 in a few months, which doesn’t do much for someone who relies on a speed and reflex advantage. Dricus also has a clear grappling advantage, so the fight is far from a lock.

Would you like to see Adesanya vs du Plessis and do you think we will?

Any fight my boi Izzy is in is a fight that I not only wanna see, but I would love to just be there. I was there when he had his comeback fight in Miami, in the audience, and it was just electric.
You know, I went out with them guys afterwards and the energy was, is unexplainable. I can't even imagine how he felt, and that's something I'm gonna attain myself.

How would you see the fight pan out?

Yeah, you know what, he's had a bit of a rough, you know up and down, for last 3-4 fights. But he's just unimaginably exceptional at this craft. And I would never put any money against him
to not win that fight. Especially after watching du Plessis performance that he had last fight, I think he's a tough opponent you know, but it's just that the skill level is just different. I see Izzy taking that.

The skill level between Izzy and Strickland was CLEARLY "just different" as well. . . and look how DDP handled Dickland.
I'd add that the level of mental fortitude between DDP and IZZY, and obviously Strickland and Izzy as well, is "just different". Science.

The skill level between Izzy and Strickland was CLEARLY "just different" as well. . . and look how DDP handled Dickland.
I'd add that the level of mental fortitude between DDP and IZZY, and obviously Strickland and Izzy as well, is "just different". Science.
I think losing to Jan (which proved Izzy can be beaten by a grappler--and I know Jan is a LHW) and the two wars with Poatan followed by Sean ended prime Izzy. We'll see. He can still beat a lot of guys and I don't think he's going on a Tony Ferguson nosedive yet. However, he's not the same fighter who finished prime Whittaker back in 2019.

I think losing to Jan (which proved Izzy can be beaten by a grappler--and I know Jan is a LHW) and the two wars with Poatan followed by Sean ended prime Izzy. We'll see. He can still beat a lot of guys and I don't think he's going on a Tony Ferguson nosedive yet. However, he's not the same fighter who finished prime Whittaker back in 2019.
I suspect you're right, but hope he hangs around the top awhile to give us some more good match-ups and allow others to test themselves against a great.

Reactions: mkt
Back